Sign in to follow this  
Luni260z

Carpet kits? Any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble finding carpet for my 260z 2+2.

Tru Fit no longer make them. They tell me Knox Auto Carpets are doing them now. Knox say it will be a few months before they are ready to make them.

I got a quote from http://www.all-car-carpets.com.au/ : Plush Pile $445.00 + $25.00 Freight, seemed a little high. Is that a little high?

I'm still waiting on ausclassics.com.au - Are there any other options?

I'm scared to ask an auto trimmer what it might cost.

Hey young fella. You doing ok? I like my trufit carpet it is nice. They are slow on email so call them on telephone. (sorry you said to explain it like you are 5)

Seriously but i bought the whole set for $320 late last year and i sold some of the bits i didn't need. Fit is excellent. If they won't post ask (nicely, beer may work) if a club member can assist you with postage.

http://www.trufitcarpets.com.au/

Heheh, I was wondering about the young fella bit at first.

Yeah I spoke to them today. Took a few rings to get through and they told me they wouldn't make them anymore.

I guess I wait til after Xmas and see if Knox Auto have their act together.  Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Never be scared to ask a trimmer for a quote.  You might be surprised and it is no longer viable to do it yourself  ??? Or it could be horrendously expensive and at least you then have a starting point.

My advice:  get a quote and see how much.

Then again have a look at Whitties build thread.  He's trimming at the moment.  He's using expensive material and a trimmer.  I doubt he's getting much change from about $1200 - but it looks worth every penny.  Often a cheap job looks exactly that - cheap!

Funny, because we went to trufit maybe 3 weeks ago and they were happy to make me another set. I bought the carpet roll to do that back hatch section myself (custom job) and I wanted a custom passenger side carpet mat, the one they make is too short. And they said all would be no problem.

Funny, because we went to trufit maybe 3 weeks ago and they were happy to make me another set. I bought the carpet roll to do that back hatch section myself (custom job) and I wanted a custom passenger side carpet mat, the one they make is too short. And they said all would be no problem.

I have to agree with young Steve. Just keep at them till you get the answer you want as their customer service is not the best!

I just had my 240Z seat covers properly fitted by a really good auto trimmer here in Sydney (Artarmon). The seat backs look tailor made now and i am very impressed. He had to cut them and re-stitch and so on. When I was there, I enquired about a hand cut set of woolen loop pile carpets. He said; "sure, we can do that, allow $2,200-$2,500 depending on which carpet you choose".

I left pretty soon thereafter!

Sorry to bump an old thread.

My girlfriend ended up giving me a "gift voucher" (She handed me a bundle of cash) at Xmas to order some carpet from http://www.ausclassics.com.au/

Two months later, the only update I've gotten from them is this:

Sorry,

We had our much loved young dog pass away unexpectedly which has been a huge shock.

I'll check up on the carpet and let you know Monday morning

That was back in February. I'm still waiting for an update.

>:(

Two months later, the only update I've gotten from them is this:

That was back in February. I'm still waiting for an update.

>:(

If someone in Melbourne doesn't go down to trufit and get this guy some carpet i will drive 300 + Kays and do it myself. Anyone??

On the contacts the PO box is in 'Ballan 3442'?

Direct from the web page "Please Note: It is only me and sometimes I do get a little swamped as the business is growing, but I absolutely value you as customers, without you all there is no business!

This  may sometimes cause things to take a little while to arrive or for me to get back to you, however I absolutely guarantee my quality and delivery of all items purchased from Ausclassics. 

Please be a little patient and I will ensure you are happy. Thanks, Stuart"

Doesn't inspire confidence for a quick resolution  :o

I'd call AND email every week at least once, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

So... walked into tru-fit today and ordered a new set of carpet for myself.

Pick up tomorrow.

So... walked into tru-fit today and ordered a new set of carpet for myself.

Pick up tomorrow.

What did it cost Steve? Is it moulded or multi peice?

They are a multi piece kit and cost about $380. They have the transmission tunnel carpet with the kit. You can buy the full kit or front or rear parts.

I didn't get the rear deck area made. So the front cabin area cost me a grand total of $105. With all the hemming and a heal Matt for the driver.

just got off the phone with tru fit, they said they don't have a pattern for the 240z ? it is currently being finalised in 2 weeks time.

I'd suggest everyone stay away from ausclassic .. almost four months later and still nothing for me. I'm told every week that they will be completed by Friday and shipped. Then it repeats. I'll be putting in a complain in to ACCC next week. Still no proof that any work is even under way.

Guess I give TruFit a shot.

I just ordered a set with mats from all car carpets, $410 delivered the owner says that it will be ready in 10 business days.