Hoist supplier and installer.

peter t

Hi, my mate is after a supplier and installer of the same as he is sick of waiting for the one he ordered and keeps getting the fob off. He lives at Hervey Bay and is looking for a 3.5t  ,2 post. Single phase.

I bought my 2post overhead houst , new, out of Australuan Classic Car magazine, from Clive Broad at Yarrambat in outer Melb, it turned up within a week of paying, i unpacked followed the nsteuctions and set it up myself.

One thing, the badic crappy Loxin's/Dynabolts are a bit ordinary, i used decent Chemsets, into a concrete floor that i had laid with a bondbeam under.

Hire a decent hammer drill, and just buy a masonry bit.

I wouldnt lift a 2700 kg Toyota Landcruiser, even though the houst is good for 3500 kg.

For the low height race cars it is a dream.

The houst, back then cost me approx $2800 ncluding delivery by crane truck.

I bought a 2 post for my shed from Radum, 5 mins from Tullamarine (Melbourne) airport. I too installed it with a help of a friend.

Very heavy duty construction but has manual locking bar..not as fancy looking as the RAV branded ones my brother has in his workshop which automatically lock, but the Radum will do the job very well.

http://radum.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=11_246

Thanks, will pass info on. The Radum is the one he has on order for seven months now but keeps getting told n/a and not in next shipment from China.

If no deposit paid, tell them forget it, if deposit paid, demand full refund, as said above, the other mob also advertise in Aust Classic Car, TuffLift, i think he calls himself, they are either black or blue in colour.

Got a HAPP90 hoist from Brisi supplier and installed myself.  Very happy with it.  Easy to use and good for sheds with reduced clearance.  Get 1.5m lift with the Z.  Can adjust width to suit application and easy to move.  Did not use bolts supplied but got high strength Ramsets after discussion and help from this forum.  Www.happ.com.au

Good luck

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone, someone, got a old copy of Australian Classic Car lying around?

Have a flick through it, and post up the few that advertise in there.

The ones that full n garage/workshops/dealer service centres use, are very good, but very expensive, a second hand one of these is second hand for a reason!

Molnar, Ranlom, ( Molnar backwards!), Ravaglia, are a couple of names, that are a bit pricey.

I've said it a few times, I'm offer the moon with my ravaglioli screw type. I've even been getting quotes for a second, from alemlube. Reasonably priced even new. Decent price drop from molnar. 4 post on the other hand were quite expensive.

I had order a hoist through Radum but kept getting all sorts of excuses as to why they couldn't deliver, turns out they had numerous problems.

Ended up getting one of these http://www.tufflift.com.au/products/professional/hoists/2-post-hoists/?pid=235-2-post-4-ton-overhead-drop-in-pads for $2500. Easy to fit yourself, had one ram leak but service was fantastic and was replaced ASAP.