Datsun Z Clock Working!

Deus Ex

You heard right, im actually selling a working Z clock

I believe this is out of a '76 260 (could be wrong, but thats the car it was in) and its in great condition.

Was last working a few months ago when the car was last running.  Owner was lucky enough to pick up a Rally Clock.

I'm open to offers before it goes up on Ebay.

clock1wm6.jpg

clock2dg2.jpg

clock3xr7.jpg

Every Datsun owner knows how the clock never keeps time properly, currently I have 2 120Y's and a 260Z.

The other day I was reading through the owner's manual of my Z.

Quote:"To reset the clock, push the knob out(shouldn't that be pull?) and reset to the desired position. Turn the knob clockwise to advance the hands and counterclockwise to retard the hands. Reset the clock on a daily basis." End quote.

So they knew that the clocks don't keep proper time even from new?

I heard its something to do with cars electrical system?

Not meaning to hijack the thread but just a quick note on these clocks, from memory there is a small hole on the rear thats got a screw to fine tune the clock, ie speed it up or slow it down. Try this Mike if your having issues. My clock's temperamental as it keeps time ok for some time and then speeds up at other times. Must hav something wrong with it but that does'nt worry me as I keep the battery dsiconnected alot anyway.

Sulio