Sign in to follow this  
be-zed

QLD Christmas Cruise

Nothing today ,but tomorrow is the ZCCQ AGM. Come along and become President if you like. I will spread the word about our Christmas Cruise ,but ZCCQ under their current rules can only attend CAMS events and only cams members or ZCCQ MEMBERS their events. Not sure how it all works but that's what I am told

Really ?

"Life of Brian" -Monty Python

Brian, " you're all individuals!"

Crowd of followers, "Yes, We're all individuals!"  ( in unison.

One lone vouce,,, "I'm not!"

Nothing today ,but tomorrow is the ZCCQ AGM. Come along and become President if you like. I will spread the word about our Christmas Cruise ,but ZCCQ under their current rules can only attend CAMS events and only cams members or ZCCQ MEMBERS their events. Not sure how it all works but that's what I am told

Now I'm totally confused Aub. ::) ::) ::)

You missed out the "if you want to be covered by Z Car Club personal insurance" bit Aub. I reckon you would make a good Prez, you should try it  ;D

YEAH : If your from ZCCQ then you come on your own and risk your rego if your car is on club plates as it is an no-no to go on non INC Club EVENTS other than what Mains roads say is OK. But If you're inventive there are ways around it.But for the 2013 Christmas Cruise no joint venture with ZCCQ.

Yeah I have already made the threat to become Prez if no one puts their hand up . That should be all the motivation they need to get office bearers as the thought of me in-charge again would put a chill up anyone's back .

Wasn't he just a very naughty boy: Bryan   

Confirming 8/12/13 is the date as agreed earlier in the thread.  We will meet at the new Ferny Grove tavern parking lot (Ferny Grove train station) say 8am for an 8:30 departure.  There is a petrol station just before the tavern for people wanting to fuel up.  Cruise will head out Samford Rd then on to Mt. Glorious, Wyvenhoe, Kilcoy, Mt. Mee and back to Samford Valley for the lunch time BBQ.  Some stops along the way for photos, talk, stretch etc.  Distance approx 190k.  Will send a detailed map, directions, phone no and final location for BBQ to those confirming to attend.

Let me know how this sounds.

Cheers

Alan

I am in + 1 

Sorry Pete not top dog . Thoes days are long gone. But I try to keep my hand in . Its not getting it biten that's the trick. Lots of news of up coming Z events and I will bring everyone up to speed then.

I did make mention of the forum's QLD section Christmas Cruise at ZCCQ annual General meeting .We may pick a few Z's from them at the last moment.

Bummer, just realised the is same weekend I am off to Victoria for a wedding. The only Sunday this year I am not in Brisbane :(. Maybe my son will be in Brisbane and come along with the Zed.

Not that i have a road going Z, that weekend i am hosting for their annual Xmas party, followed by a "Drive up in the Hills", the Datsun Sports Owners Assoc, the true original Datsun sports car, the Roadsters and the Fairladys.

If we pass the Zeds, we'll make sure to wave!

Gunna be busy on the mountain then, the Hairdresser cars are having their Christmas run and presentation on the 8th at Bellbird Grove.

Not that i have a road going Z, that weekend i am hosting for their annual Xmas party, followed by a "Drive up in the Hills", the Datsun Sports Owners Assoc, the true original Datsun sports car, the Roadsters and the Fairladys.

If we pass the Zeds, we'll make sure to wave!

The original hairdressers hahaha.  :P

I apologise but I have to travel overseas for work on sunday 8th so cannot host the BBQ for the cruise that day :(.  This has just come up with little warning.  Options are either somebody else hosts the BBQ or we can postpone until January.  I am available any weekend in Jan for the cruise and host the BBQ.  Let me know your preferences.

I am in cold Mongolia desert now proudly wearing a Z car beanie and wishing I was back in the warmth of Brisi.  Communications not so good but will get back on the net in the next day or 2.

cheers

Alan

That's no good Alan! I'm away for all of January too :(

I would offer to host the BBQ but my bbq is dead. I can borrow a webber from a friend if need be though? I have a large yard and a quiet enough street to park in. Near the KFC in Kedron off of Gympie road.

Or we could just do the drive and get a coffee somewhere.

Or we could do the Yatala Drive-In instead? I looked at the upcoming movies and no combos really grab me but could watch Thor and Hunger Games on Sun 1st December?

Not sure how it fits in with any of the above but I would also like a nice industrial type location to take some photos of all the cars. Not sure what's around but something like this would be cool: http://shaun-maluga.com/x-border-run-2013/ Or a big cement carpark or something. I just find the industrial/concrete stuff more interesting for car photos :)

Mongolia , You're not digging holes are you Alan?

I would perfur we stick with the original date . I may have a few options up my sleeve which may work and not cause a large disruption. There will be a run in early February if all plans fall into place along with other events called ROADZ TO WARWICK for the NDN2015 . Give me a few days and I will report back. There will be more details on these ROADZ events closer to Christmas. Shaun ,Geoff is looking for pics of the Mountain run to use as subject material in that matter I" pm" you about.

Like Shaun's idea of doing the run and getting coffee after somewhere. Could do photo shoot at my work on weekends. Two wharehouses with heaps of concrete out front. 8)

What if we asked Alan to host his run later in mid 2014. It would be a ideal run for another time .As the mountain may be a little crowded on that day.It seems the 8th is popular with a lot of a Car Clubs.

So what about a different run. I am still happy to host a BBQ at my home and I will set out a run as I have done in the past .But it will be southside and I am thinking of out Beaudesert way near the New dam for a photo shoot and a coffee if possible.

But as before if anyone wants to jump in and host PLEASE feel free to do so . But I will need to know this week . No later that the 22 November if I am hosting. I need to clean up.

I'm easy m8s but little nervous taking the Z out atm with all this large hail about. I think we would be better off to look at doing our Christmas run in July. What do you think? 8)