PI - 9 and 10 November - Aust Supersprint Championship

260DET

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyres, nothing in the sup regs about them. Seeing that the Federals are stuffed I'm getting a set of Hoosier R6's, better priced and more suitable sizes than most alternatives. Just hope there is no hidden rule somewhere that bans them for a road registered half cage car  ???

Tyres, nothing in the sup regs about them. Seeing that the Federals are stuffed I'm getting a set of Hoosier R6's, better priced and more suitable sizes than most alternatives. Just hope there is no hidden rule somewhere that bans them for a road registered half cage car  ???

It could bump you up into proper sports car/sedan groups rather than road registered, but that should be covered in the supp regs. At one NSWRRC event many years ago I had a few people have a whinge about my blue zed running in street registered with Dunlop d03's in the old road legal class when it was tripled entered to give the guys in the shop a thankyou day. From memeory the car took all threeplaces in the class with the three drivers.

Revolution Racegear (and probably most other race supplies shops) sell stick-on white rectangles of the appropriates size for cams-spec numbers for a few bucks - maybe grab a couple to use as background in case they use black numbers ?

Most supersprints I've done rely on you supplying your own numbers though.

Anyway, hope everyone heading along has a great (and safe) time down there. I'll just sit here in my sexy new stockings wishing I could be there.

20131101_140644_zps29094403.jpeg

Yay, PIARC emailed entry list has arrived, they put me in under three liter road registered. Guess I'd better do the right thing and let them know it is over three liter, so I can get run over by Evo's and stuff. They are providing racing numbers, not sure what form those numbers will take.

You are right Dave, should get a white background for each door so black numbers are visible but getting to a shop now is not possible.

Some good times there. I think that might be a BP for Gordon as well? And no not in his new Zed. That won't be hitting the road for a year or so.

Looks like it dried up to be a nice day. Unfortunately I couldn't make it down for a look in the end.

Good to see you driving the car down Sinisha. That is a gutsy effort when you are doing those times. I like the confidence of no stacking or mechanical problems. Ha  ;) :D  Let's hope you can make it for Gordon's BBQ 8th Dec with your Zed this year Sinisha.

Arrived back last night in one piece, all I can say is that PI is the sort of fast, flowing circuit that I like yet I can't get my head around it. No excuses and it was fun and well worth the trip if the lap times are disregarded although two minutes for a oldie/newb is surely not that bad. I reckon that a days practice there with a split lap timer would be rewarding for anyone who has the same problem, apparently the moto GP blokes do a lot of repetitive practice there which pays off for them. Great to meet Sinisha and Gordon, an invitation to try Lakeside is extended :)

In all seriousness, get a cheap PS2 or PS3 and a 2nd copy of v8 supercars with PI on it.

It's accurate enough that you get a good idea of where the track goes and what the corners look like, so when you do run there you have a fair idea of the lines and speeds and aren't floundering around in the dark for the first few times.

And use it to start studying Mt Panorama !

I did just that (as well as having driven it at "legal" speeds, the benefit of it being a public road), and found it benefitted me greatly. Still had a few problems remembering it all on the day, but I think without the "pre-event study" I would have floundered even more than I did.

It takes much more than one or two trips to a track to get it right, eg I've done Eastern Creek South 5 times now, every visit I've inproved my time a little.

Wakefield Park, I'm down to improvements of only tenths each visit, probably much like yourself at Lakeside, it takes a long time to get it right.

It took me 10 years to get Amaroo right, my best most perfect lap was the second last lap I ever did there the second last meeting ever at Amaroo, was very dirty i couldn't run at the farewell meeting.

It was only one corner, but it had me spooked. I just couldn't get my head around the corner onto the start straight, yet where i wrote off a Sports 1300 at 120mph at the top of Bitupave Hill just before the turn in to the loop never phased me other than the next time I ran for the first drive past the spot where over 12 months later the fence had still to be repainted and I could still see the gouges in the concrete.

Coming on to the straight at PI I knew that it should be fast enough to require the full width of the track yet that never happened, weird. Never thought that I would benefit from following someone but no one would play in my group, either not fast enough or too fast. Anyway, 280ZXT featured in the photographer's display, maybe not fast but obviously pretty :)

Coming on to the straight at PI I knew that it should be fast enough to require the full width of the track yet that never happened, weird. Never thought that I would benefit from following someone but no one would play in my group, either not fast enough or too fast. Anyway, 280ZXT featured in the photographer's display, maybe not fast but obviously pretty :)

Well that's sprinting for you... Door to door there's always someone wanting to play....... ;D ;D ;D