Sign in to follow this  
Lurch

Lukes Run (GOR) - Sunday 22nd September

The annual Luke's run is not far away.

It's a scenic drive along the glorious Great Ocean road and beyond before finishing at a local pub for lunch.

When: Sunday 22nd September

Meet: United Westgate Outbound

Time: 8:00am

Cost: Your fuel and lunch

A lot of new members since we did this run with Zeds that are driveable! Get up on this drive, it's one of the best roads to drive in Victoria. You've been looking for a reason to get you Zed out then This is It!! I'll be joining in for sure.

Count me in. I may attend with my father.

We won't be attending the pub.

hopefully I will meet you along the way, plan to catch you all up somewhere along the way

my z is running  :D is there an approx itinerary, which pub will be the lunch stop ?

thanks 

my z is running  :D is there an approx itinerary, which pub will be the lunch stop ?

thanks

Last time we stopped in Apollo Bay, perhaps you and i should meet up as it looks like we'll be the only ones from west (unless Owen decides to join in). These guys will take the bypass in Geelong so we could meet up at any point that suits you. I'll be in Geelong all weekend.

thanks Scoota it will take us 3 hrs to get to geelong we plan to leave at 7am on the sunday I will give you a call and work out a meeting point enroute, otherwise we will make our way to Apollo bay

Linton

Sorry guys,

I'm doing a last minute pull out. I need to bleed the brakes again and this will not happen until the weekend so I'm out.

Weather is looking good for sunday!!!!!!!

That's what we want to hear hey, sucks driving that road when it's wet. Oh and Sam you're not on my Christmas list anymore. I have 2 Zeds here if you want to take one.

Oh and Sam you're not on my Christmas list anymore. I have 2 Zeds here if you want to take one.

Comeonn Scoot! You would not believe what happened! I actually tried calling you last Sunday evening, but your phone was switched off. I called Dimitri next.

I was changing over the rear R31 brake pads on my Z when everything just went downhill. The clock ticked from 6PM to 10:30PM.

Anyway I eventually put the old pads back in after much help from my old man and piston twisting advice thanks to Dimitri, but I now have to re-bleed the brakes because we UN-tightened the bleed nipple to assist in the piston twist.

This weekend I'll be doing exactly that -> Bleeding brakes at my parents house as I don't have the place or the equipment in my apartment in Box Hill.

I sincerely apologise (I had to apologise to my dad too as he was looking forward to it) guys, but hopefully next time!

Oh and it's my siblings birthday on Sunday the 22nd (today was my grampa's birthday 20/09/1931).

What can I say, a serious of unfortunate events (NOT the birthdays, just the fact that the cruise is also on the same weekend as 2 important family events and the fact that I bodged up a brake pad replacement because I wanted my vehicle to be tip top for the cruise)

So I guess I'm still in on the Christmas list then Scootaaa!?

And here I was, thinking it was going to be a less than an 100% enjoyable Sunday.

Hooray for ineptitude!

we have thunder, lightning, and torrential rain at the moment interesting to see if it clears up, we will be leaving for Geelong at 6.30am

I'll be there to say hello at the first meet point but unfortunately I won't be able to go on the cruise, I have too much to do at home and not enough $$$ to go down the GOR and back in one day.