TWM Airbox

BAM083

Was wondering if anyone has run the TWM airbox (link below) and what are your thoughts. Currently running triples with sock filters over the airhorns but am a bit worried about water as the bonnet vent sits directly above the filters, I have also had one of the socks catch on fire from a back fire so want to install an airbox with a pod filter in front of the radiator, figure it will help with cooler air as well.

tish2sm.jpg

http://www.borlainduction.com/Filter/FilterAirBox.html

I bought one of these a long time ago from TWM. You'll need to take measurements to make sure it'll fit without hitting the strut tower, they are designed for the shorter intake manifolds, I used a redline manifold and it would not fit. Finish/quality of them was really poor but I believe they are much better now.

I'm running one on my car. Running a 3" intake through to a K&N filter in from of radiator. Using 50mm air horns inside air box. Can't go larger.

Works well, quitens the induction noise a bit though.

I have to use the matching TWM manifold though as it wouldn't fit otherwise.

Check my build thread. There's s YouTube link on the dyno there too.

Gareth posted that pretty much as I was typing and verified my concern.

I'm happy with how it's made.

But it does need reinforcing where it's clamped to the 3" intake. I made up what looks like an egg ring. Then used a Falcon V8 hose to adapt it to the S/S pipe.

I'm running one on my car. Running a 3" intake through to a K&N filter in from of radiator. Using 50mm air horns inside air box. Can't go larger.

Works well, quitens the induction noise a bit though.

I have to use the matching TWM manifold though as it wouldn't fit otherwise.

Check my build thread. There's s YouTube link on the dyno there too.

Hehe, Yours was the one I was thinking of when I said they're made much better now.

Go for it if you have the room

Cheers for the replies, sounds good, I'll pull out a tape measure and see how much room I've got over the next few days. Was thinking about making one up out of aluminium but for the price of this one it doesn't really seem worth the effort if this one will fit.

That looks good, wonder what the size is like, if its a bit lower profile it might fit a bit easier. Will send them an email asking for dimensions and see what they say. Might work out a little cheaper too depending on freight.

Just received an email back about the TWM airbox and unfortunately they are no longer offering them and won't be in the foreseeable future so it looks like the MJP one is the go depending on size and freight costs unless I can find another brand somewhere.

Efi hardware do a few different types. I have seen one almost exactly the same but it was for a four cylinder. Might be worth trying, they are in Melbourne.

Didn't someone on here have the mold or make the airbox for Gavin strongmans silver/orange Z? That was a nice bit of kit!

Didn't someone on here have the mold or make the airbox for Gavin strongmans silver/orange Z? That was a nice bit of kit!

I was just about to post about that - if I recall he was using a Prince/Nissan Skyline GT-A (or was that GT-B) triple intake airbox and someone did talk about making a copy/mold of that - I for one would be interested in that.

I was just about to post about that - if I recall he was using a Prince/Nissan Skyline GT-A (or was that GT-B) triple intake airbox and someone did talk about making a copy/mold of that - I for one would be interested in that.

That's on Alan fields 260z, I think it's a GT-B.

I have a copy of Race magazine with Gavin's car in it, I can post a pic later tonight if nobody finds more info before then.

I have a GT-B airbox which I modified to fit my 44 Mikuni's, I offered to get a mould made and get them reproduced in carbon Fibre (for rigidity) a couple years back before the engine was reinstalled but I needed a minimum commitment of 10 x units and they would have been approx. $400 each ex ram tubes..................and yes they fit under a strut brace, you just need to relocate the coil.

Needless to say I got plenty of  "yeah count me ins" unit I asked for a $100 deposit ..............and none were forth coming.......alas many like to experiment with modified rocker covers and un-tested air boxes ::)

This airbox was dyno tested and proven to improve mid range torque by approx. 10% and not rob any top end HP, as tested on my warmed over L26 and Gerhard Metz's L3.1 stroker.

If I can get 10 x serious orders then I'll look into getting them produced again.

cheers

Alan

post-301-144023723405_thumb.jpg

post-301-144023723411_thumb.jpg

I would take one if it would be everything else then Carbon Fiber (in my eyes it doesn't fit the age).

Im looking also for a lamborghini Box from the 70 like from espada. If I would find one of those before I would back out. (cheapest I found was 700$ till now).

I would take one if it would be everything else then Carbon Fiber (in my eyes it doesn't fit the age).

Im looking also for a lamborghini Box from the 70 like from espada. If I would find one of those before I would back out. (cheapest I found was 700$ till now).

They would have been gell coated with a smooth finish so could have been left natural (for those who like C/F) or painted any colour and would have looked just like the original, the Prince box was a cherry red, I powder coated mine orage to match the 240 Z air box.

To make them out of F/G would have made them three time as thick to get the same ridigity........you don't what the airbox collapsing under full throttle.

So a show of hands of who would be keen if we can with Alan's help get this air born and not still born like last time?

Me in for 1 for sure.

I think we should move this back to the original thread about the Prince Air box...found here....so it is on topic not TWM as the title shows.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9091.msg87452.html#msg87452

Also this is the first time this was attempted to get this going found this one too bcak in 2010

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7301.msg68306.html#msg68306