The Easiest Front Brake Upgrade Ever!

C.A.R.

Parts needed:

Toyota Hilux/Landcruiser caliper (4 spot, LN106/HZJ75).

?93 onwards Bluebird Rotor (Vented, 280mm Dia). Part no. DBA 903

All you need to do it drill out the threaded mounting holes in the rotor (where presumably the Bluebird hub attaches) as the PCD is the same for the 240Z hub mounting pattern. Next the centre hole needs to be opened up enough (on a Lathe) to allow the Zed hub to slide through. Then simply bolt on the Zed hub, and then bolt it onto the stub axel.

The Hilux caliper then bolts straight onto the Zeds caliper mounts.

There is NO shimming required to get the caliper in the right position (so I?ve been told).

It?s as easy as that!

If there are any issues with this conversion, please let me know & I will investigate further...

• 6 months later...

I did the conversion into my 260 and my rotors are DBA and came to fit my car, they will do the 240 rotors to fit aswell because the rotors I got with the calipers were DBA for a 240 (obviously didnt fit my car). Just get the right dimensions and they have them or they can definately make them atleast.

Also with the wheels, 15' and above, plus I have had trouble with some wheels that the offset is right but on the back of the face, it isnt spaced from the hub and hits the caliper.

• 3 months later...

The above bluebird rotor will work if you have 240z hubs which have a different offset to the later 260z hub. If you have a 260z hub consider the Peugeot 505 vented rotor DBA 272 it has the following specs.

273mm, 20mm thick and 43mm hat height 76mm centre. Again the centre will need to be enlarged. The other option is the 300zx Z31 non turbo rotor, same hole, and bolt PCD you just need a spacer to get the offset right (this is what I am using) The specs for these are

DBA 608 274mm 22mm thick and 35.5mm hat height with 81mm centre

Stock 240z is 271mm 12.7mm thick (solid) 52mm hat and 81mm centre

260z is 271mm, 12.7mm 43.5mm hat and 81mm centre

The bluebird rotor mentioned above is

280mm, 22mm, 49.2mm hat and 68mm centre

Hope this info helps

If thats the case will the hilux calipers fit a 74 260 with solid stock dimension rotors?

If they are the non vented type of calipers. The difference between the 240z and 260z is the hub offset so the rotor is different to give the same over all rotor setup ie 240z and 260z calipers are the same = in the same place. Does this make sence.

Thanks Mike. I know there is an S12+8 caliper thats had more machining on the caliper area where the disc occupies to accomodate the vented disc. I've read of a few people using this "wider" caliper on the solid rotors and having no probs. Any ideas on this guys as this always leaves the option of going to vented rotors at a later time.

• 2 years later...

hi,  the bluebird disc upgrade sounds great---- Any idea what a engineering place would charge for the lath work?

Im running s2 280zx mags or my 240z-- so it prob wouldnt fit anyway but if I do a wheel upgrade the std brakes will look a little smallish...

Cricky, I forgot about this thread.

It's been noted by others that the Bluebird rotor isn't a straight bolt up, & I don't recommend it anymore.

Your better off using the the S13 SR20det rotor as it is of a larger Dia. anyway.

Apart from getting the centre hub hole machined out, you also need to re drill the hub mounting holes to a new PCD.

Machining shouldn't be any more than $50.

Best I lock this thread...