Bathurst Regularity Easter 2014

260DET

No talk about this, no one going? My understanding is that CAMS will not allow sprints at Bathurst so a regularity is as good as it gets for us sprinters, 1:40 is the fastest permissible lap time which is about the Zed limit anyway, going on past times. Anyway I'm going, any suggestions on accommodation?

Be gay, camp,,, it's great fun, just dont drop the soap in the showers.

Links to event organiser/entry forms.

Any race events?

For what classes, maybe drag out all these Gunna high hp high spec Sooper Z's everyone is all going on about, see if they exist!

I have been sending out information on this to Z Car Club members on a regular basis. This is the latest information I have received from the organisers. As far as I know the only club member who has applied so far is Gary Neut.

Attached is the Invitation but I can't attach the application forms because of the file extension, if you require these forms send me an email and I will forward them onto you.  petermh@optusnet.com.au

This is the information regards permissible lap times:-

The minimum Lap Time (quickest) permitted on the circuit for Modern Regularity is 2 minutes 40 seconds. This is fairly quick. The limit is there for safety reasons given that most cars won’t have rollover protection and/or harness belts and most drivers will NOT be experienced race drivers.

For safety reasons, CAMS guidelines stipulate that the slowest car should be no more than 130% of the fastest nominated time. Therefore, if your lap time is likely to be greater than 3 minutes 28 seconds, we suggest you don’t apply. As a guide, in the past 3 years of running Regularity at Bathurst over Easter all participants have qualified in reasonably standard road cars.

Regards

Peter

Hi,

We recently sent you an email in regard to next year's event. Thank you to those of you that were in a position to past it on to your Club members, clients, friends, etc, the response has been fantastic.

We write to let you know that we have already received enough complying Expressions of Interest to fill our usual field of 55 cars for Easter 2014 and that a reserve list has commenced.

As a result of the subscriptions received to date and with a week and a half to go till the closing date of 9th August 2013, we are pleased to advise that we have secured the rights to a second group, subject to providing a minimum number of required entries by that date.

This means you have a second chance to get in if you wish to run in 2014.

If you wish to run we suggest you submit your Expression of Interest and pay your fee ASAP and recommend  that you encourage others to do the same in order for us to meet the required field size by 9th August, 2013. We are also promoting this second group to a wider audience than usual in an attempt to fill it, that way more competitors get the chance to run at Mt Panorama in 2014.

We look forward to receiving your Expression of Interest and asks those that are in a position to do so, please pass this email on anyone you feel may be interested and suitable.

Apologies to anyone receiving this email, that has already confirmed they can't make it or as already entered for 2014. The latter will have received a confirmation of their Expression of Interest having been received.

Regards,

Steven & Brony

Ripplestrip Motorsport

36816_5d497dccd0c8ada53c41ab8b58a18145e0f68266.pdf

I now have the basic supp regs/application forms.

Can email them to anyone, to then get them put up as a pdf file.

I am asking about combining historic Gp S sports and Gp N tourers, it has been done before!!

My Z will run in top 10-20 of the usual gp N fields!

>:(

This thread is about regularity Jason, go start your own on hysterics 'racing'.

Supp regs are same for Reg as well as racing, as far as CAMS events concerned, same thing.

At this stage only confirmed fields are 1x 50 Group N tourers, and 2x50 car max Regularity.

As per event organisers.

It wont be a Historics event either!

No sup regs have been issued yet for the Regularity as far as I know Jason so if you have some then link them up. The Group N cars will be racing not doing regularity or sprints?

As to the cost, yes it is relatively expensive but Bathurst is a must do isn't it? It won't get any cheaper as far as I can tell.

Jason? Jason? That was a bit of a fizzer.

Wonder if Lee Falkner will be there?

Dickie, what the hell are you on about?

Having another Alf from Home and Away, "flamin heck" moment.

Look like now there are TWO different opportunities to enter Regularity field for Mt Panorama in 2014,

The 12 Hour weekend, around Feb 6-9, and Easter weekend, later in March.

Dickie, what the hell are you on about?

Having another Alf from Home and Away, "flamin heck" moment.

Look like now there are TWO different opportunities to enter Regularity field for Mt Panorama in 2014,

The 12 Hour weekend, around Feb 6-9, and Easter weekend, later in March.

So you forget your 'sup regs are available' comment, you silly old duffer Jason ;D 

Link for the Feb event might be handy for others, looks like a few organisers have realised there is a paying demand for cruisey laps around The Mountain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More info. We will be required at the circuit from Thursday to Sunday, no official timetable out yet. So I've booked in at the Bathurst Explorer's Motel, it is on the Mountain's side of Bathurst and was the lowest priced decent place that I could find.