classicZ

Wanted: 260z heater tap

Hi all,

My 260z has recently begun to form small, unwelcome puddles of coolant in driver foot well.

Anyway I tracked the leak to this vacuum operated heater tap thing. If anyone has one which they are willing to sell that would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Brad

post-1995-144023721281_thumb.jpg

Hey Gents, instead of starting a new thread, i thought i would hijack this old one. Did you end up finding a replacement all those years ago?

I have a coolant leak in the driver footwell, and when i drove the car home when i bought it, it was also leaking on the passenger side. I took it out for 30minutes a few weeks ago, and I am pretty sure the leak is coming from the heater valve/tap. Just trying to work out my options without spending $200+ on the below item.

http://www.zcarsource.com/heater-control-valve-vacuum-heater-cock-for-ac-260z-280z-8-73-78-rebuilt-de_8_56535_55083.html 

But you need to send them a usable core before you can buy it anyway.

You'll have to pull yours out in any case to properly examine it, it's all speculation at present; hopefully it may not be the valve itself but a perished hose.

But if it is the valve then it may be repairable.

If not then the only other thing I can suggest is to buy one, or if necessary a complete heater setup, off a 260Z being parted out.

But you need to send them a usable core before you can buy it anyway.

You'll have to pull yours out in any case to properly examine it, it's all speculation at present; hopefully it may not be the valve itself but a perished hose.

But if it is the valve then it may be repairable.

If not then the only other thing I can suggest is to buy one, or if necessary a complete heater setup, off a 260Z being parted out.

Ah right, i should really read the whole add next time. yeah, was trying to avoid pulling the whole heater core out if i could help it, i assume i will need to pull the whole dash out. was trying to avoid that for as long as possible.

cheers 

I have heater cores in VGC. PM me. You can also remove the heater box in the 260Z without removing the dash

Scoota

Thanks Scoota, I will do more investigating to work out what is leaking, and eventually pull my heater core out just to see what it's all out. That makes me so happy that i do not need to pull the dash out. haha.

cheers