Sign in to follow this  
Joshy7

15x8 and 15x9 tyre options with flares

Hi guys

I have ordered some rota alecia wheels 15x9 -10 offset rear and 15x8 0 offset front

I've got flares to put on what size tyres suit these wheels ?

225/50 fronts and 245/45 rears. You are going to need some decent sized spacers to fit those with flares!

245/45 in a 15...... good luck with that. The widest I have seen for a road tyre is 225/50 or 225/45 in 15. You can get 235/50 15 is semi slick race rubber and then there is the very $$$ period tyres which are made in small batches is 285/40 15 etc. See http://www.antiquetyres.com.au

Arrrr tyre hell why doesn't just one manufacturer still produce wide low 15 inch tyres?

Sorry lying did get quoted $990 per tyre for a 265/45/15 Michelin!

I went for 205/50/15 front and 225/50/15 rear - a bit stretched which is not what I really wanted but the wheels fill the flares out pretty well so alls good and it was all I could really get for any kind of reasonable money.

The rota Alecia's look really cool in the flesh so I'm pretty happy with that

Now onto fitting the rb25!

I have just passed up a set of 9" and 10" 15s for this reason you just flat out cant get tyres for them. In japan they just run 225s on 10" rims and not care.

16s are bad enough as it is these days.

There are a few different shapes of flares, make sure you choose the skinniest ones you can with those size wheels.