Techno Versions / RT Style Diff mount - Group Buy Full!

d3c0y

Hey Guys,

I need an RT style diff mount for my car and I dont want to pay $51 postage which is nearly as much as the diff mount. The mount itself is $60 + $28 for the energy suspension bush if you want that option.

This will eliminate the dreaded diff clunk for your car and will work for all 240Z/260Z not sure about 280ZX. If you get the optional bush you can eliminate the need for the factory mount all together.

http://www.technoversions.com/DiffMountHome.html

Let me know if you are interested.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought 2 of these and he recommended using the standard mount, not the energy suspension bushing which actually pushes the nose of the diff down a touch (good for guys with V8 conversions).

But if anyone wants the energy suspension bush you can have mine for $20. I think Petert has a spare one too.

The quality of the mounts is great, very well finished.

rtdiffmount_001.jpg

rtdiffmount_002.jpg

Jake. I'll be interested in one with the optional bush..any advantage with the optional bush type? I find it kind of scary that your diff is held by only 2 bolts, but im in. ;)

It's not scary if you think about it because instead of the diff lifting up and trying to break away from the stock mount, it will be pushing up into the mount itself.

Compression load instead of tensile load.

Without the option bush you still have to run the stock mount

Talk to SW Motorsport. $300 and its unbreakable, and unclunkable!!

Sweet! So you are saying i can pay $300 instead of $90?

I recently bought 2 of these and he recommended using the standard mount, not the energy suspension bushing which actually pushes the nose of the diff down a touch (good for guys with V8 conversions).

But if anyone wants the energy suspension bush you can have mine for $20. I think Petert has a spare one too.

The quality of the mounts is great, very well finished.

Sweet i'll keep that in mind, i'm on the GC too. If that mount is too big surely there is one that is the right height somewhere? I wonder if you can change the height of one of the plates in the bush by heating it or something?

The RT top hung bracket to diff "bush" red polyurethane, unlike rubber, is hydroscopic, ie it absorbs mousture, and over time it will crumble.

If you have torn, spongy greasy slack whatever std front diff mounts, there is a factory i have used that will re-rubber, not polyurethane, the diff mount, they can do engine and box mounts too.

These guys also do a lot of mines work and only work in rubber, it can be done in various durometer, ie hardness, from std of around 60 duro, to same as Nismo Comp parts of around 80 duro, to 100 ( very hard)

I have engine mounts done in 90 duro, work wrll.

I can get them done at approx $80 per item, fairly quick turnaround, but will require old buggered torn ones, as they require a decent qty, ie from 6 items min, to set the job up.

Cheaper rhan brand new, and stiffer rubber Nismo stuff was 2x price when avail!

The RT overhead bracket is quite adequate, if only the thread on the rubber snubber was longer, and a nut placed on either side of bracket, so you could "screw" it down nice and snug.

OK after checking it out it looks like 6 will be the optimal amount to post. That will mean it's $22.50ea postage to the Gold Coast. If we can get them in time Lurch might be able to take the VIC ones back with him. $82.50ea including post in USD!

Get in quick for the last two spots.

You get what you pay for mate

Umm, not seen any of the Stew Wilks ones, no pics or details on their site.

Got any pics that can be put up for comparison???

I've been using an AZC solid front diff mount in a readonable Z race car, no problems with it, yes does transmit some nouse, but,,, racecar. From memory they are very low cost.

I had one of the solid aluminium ones, was $50+post IIRC. I run the techno versions mount witt the red top mount only, I shaved it slightly to get the correct diff angle. It's great and a lot quiter than the solid mount, absolute prick to fit though! Like Jason says, If your on track only and noise is no problem solid wins everytime.

Here's pics of the Stewart Wilkins style captive mount, pretty easy and cheap to make if your handy with a welder. I'll try to make one of these when my current type gets tired.

$300 is getting high, but I guess your paying for the crossmember and all the modifications and the OEM rubber bush. If it's done on an exchange basis I'd say it's too exspensive.

post-1489-144023718906_thumb.jpg

post-1489-14402371891_thumb.jpg

Yeah I think with sending my old stock mount and member back it brought the price down to under 200. But I can guarantee no noise, no weakness and no amount of power will disrupt it!

Yeah I think with sending my old stock mount and member back it brought the price down to under 200. But I can guarantee no noise, no weakness and no amount of power will disrupt it!

So just like the $90 one right because its under compression...? You're right i am going to get what i pay for...

d3c0yRetro ZskipzLurch

Biscuit Balls

If we reach 10 people we can get further discounts!

d3c0y - No bush

Retro Z - Energy mount - $60 + $28 + $13.51

skipz - Stopper - $60 + $13.51

Lurch - Stopper - $60 + $13.51

Biscuit Balls - Stopper - $60 + $13.51

Agno - Stopper - $60 + $13.51

That's 6 and he currently has 6 in stock so that will probably be it for this order. If anyone is interested i can help sort out another order. Prices above are in USD and i'll PM everyone TechnoVersion's paypal.

I had one of the solid aluminium ones, was $50+post IIRC. I run the techno versions mount witt the red top mount only, I shaved it slightly to get the correct diff angle. It's great and a lot quiter than the solid mount, absolute sharp object to fit though! Like Jason says, If your on track only and noise is no problem solid wins everytime.

Here's pics of the Stewart Wilkins style captive mount, pretty easy and cheap to make if your handy with a welder. I'll try to make one of these when my current type gets tired.

$300 is getting high, but I guess your paying for the crossmember and all the modifications and the OEM rubber bush. If it's done on an exchange basis I'd say it's too exspensive.

Pic of the bit that connects mount to diff is clear, can you put up more pics of the bit that bolts to the body?

Thanks

http://www.swmotorsport.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=130

Plenty of pics there on SWM site. It's a good design, but i don't think it's particularly superior.

How much bracing do you think that diff cross member provides the chassis? Is it worth putting it back on the car?