MATTY

MYS30 :D - just a few pictures

well that was a let down. she wont fire, ive checked the plugs,checked the coil and im getting power. ive also swapped out the coil pack with my one of the 26 that i know that works and basically swapped out plugs and my leads. ive also check the earth strap. but still no dice. ive also checkive got the connections on my coil the right way round. apart form that im out of ideas....

Holding the chokes open when you crank?

Alex,

that's not very helpful.  He was looking for some help in getting his car started.  8)

After asking for some help here on the forums and some wire checking it was indeed was the dizzy or rather the ignition module. so after swapping my old one over to the L28 i reconnected my wires as per originally connected primed the carbies and first turn she fired, was a bit rough ill admit but after cleaning a few plugs and checking leads it was running a shite load better. i tell you now even untuned the sound of hr running was music to my ears :D and i may or may not have needed to clean up afterwards HAHA.

so after the initial start up i backed or rather limped her out of the shed as ive still got to bleed the clutch and the poor girl got her first wash in nearly 4 months

IMG_3713_zps3c60ae6c.jpg

IMG_3712_zps244885e0.jpg

Which prompted me to was the daily and my mate also decied to wash his chaser.

IMG_3707_zps57bc449d.jpg

just another lazy Sunday at the House of JDM :D

Cheers

Matty

Not much of an update but its an update none the less, i still havent got the poor girl running/tuned so while i waited to save the coin i needed i had to delay the tuning for her again being out of a job for just a few months but i had more pressing matters with saving up some coin to get a 200K service done on my daily. Id do it myself but i dont have much time to do that lately.

but in the mean time i have started my LED light upgrade for my dash. and agood time to chase up mystery wires and also wire in my hazzard light switch also.

IMG_4299_zpsdda80b63.jpg

I needed a decent work space so i moved my operations in to our entertainment room and use my beer pong table.

IMG_4305_zps42af4950.jpg

IMG_4306_zpsdbf62991.jpg

Now the new LED bulbs fit but the housing/clip needs some modding to make it all fit together, this is what i started with.

IMG_4311_zps59e7826a.jpg

And this i what i ended up with, it looks like ive cut too much off but i couldn't push the bulb into the socket properly so it had to be done, i plan to use alittle bit of hot glue to hold the bulb in the rear of the gauge properly.

IMG_4307_zpsff445790.jpg

so hopefully it should all be done sometime thru the week and it will work, fingers crossed!

i went with green Zedman even though ive got the green lens cap on the gauge. had thought white but im trying to keep it some what period correct. my last plan of LED stripping didnt work as the remote to select the colours was stuffed but for 20 bucks i wasnt expecting much. im hoping ill have it shorted by friday night so ill chuck some pics up then

if you need more Led strip give me a PM I have a large array of supplyer for that type of led  :).

Led dash up grade works well in my car big D. I show you at the  Xmas BBQ.  :) 

Cheers lightmaster ill see how i get on but if i have any problems ill be sending you a PM for sure!! id be keen to see your light upgrade too, fingers crossed my old girl is operational for the Xmas BBQ

Well!! i put my dash back in and ive got light!!!! well sorta i have one gauge constantly on my speedo lights up and the rest dont, and also had smoke coming from the amps gauge so i think ill make a shite auto leccky hahah

at this stage ill swap the bulbs back over to the standard items and if its still not working ill upgrade the gauges them selves, either way im a little pissed of but on the plus side i dont drive at night in the old girl so as tlong as the gauges sorta work it will do for now :P

While having two cars is fun its also a pain and one seems to get neglected  :-\

but some times you cant help but spend the coin... i had to bite the bullet and update the suspension on the daily which i said i would do 4 yrs ago now when i first brought her haha

Before:-

1376225_10151650458757143_1314443646_n_zpscad1e1ed.jpg

After:-

1507011_10152057348893376_360964986_n_zps70324474.jpg

And then theres this... its not even defective officer  ;)

1497706_10152051241908376_32987107_n_zpsc4dd732d.jpg

so really she hasnt changed muchish

1468492_10152051019158376_1875099856_n_zps7e2f37e2.jpg

well worth the coilover upgrade but! through the twisty sections is way more fun  ;D

i havent totally neglected the zed but, ive got a nardi deep corn wheel on the way for her

well i finally got back around to the zed with my nardi steering wheel a friend picked up for me whilst he was in japan for $285 all i need now is a boss but it should tie in well with my door cards

6bd5bf7e841711e3a7ef126c69773bde_8_zps29ba54e6.jpg

i still have yet to get her tuned proper so i can actually drive her again, for once my missus is actually giving me shit for the zed just sitting there and not spending enough time on it but hopefully its soon

well the time has come!!!  :o so grab a beer or bourbon and sit down for a bit of a read ;)

photo11_zpsf432f9cd.jpg

shes off to get the triples sorted and tuned finally. im abit pissed off that something as simple as a tune has taken me so long to get sorted and done. but before i even though of getting her into town i had to help my mate and build his car trailer ramps which was only fair as i need his trailer to begin with. that was tuesday last week. come saturday after work i re bled the clutch not being happy with the way it felt. that was sorted in no time with another mate lending a hand....

Then what happend next i didnt expect. i turned the key on and no dash lights and some of the gauges werent working( no big issue really as i want to replace them wirh newer ones)but i had no head lights indicators or brake lights. so for the third time the dash came out and the dash wiring inspected as well as the loom under the dash and a multi metre was poked and prodded to double check all seemed fine. with the dash back in it appeared now we had majority of the dash lights and cluster lights for high beam and all that. upon closer inspection we found the plugs to the steering coloum were loose and the ignition barrel was in upside down  :-[

after fixing that we had both head lights and brake lights working and indicators when they wanted to work  :-\  every thing seemed to be all perfect till i noticed the bushes on my shifter are a bit past her used date so i might replace her with a solid nylon piece to eliminate play. i also noticed that it seems to be missing bushes either side of where the gearstick bolts up to the selctor but i can all sort that when she drive able and work out the best combo that suits me.

after finishing up saturday arvo i get a call from my mate with the car trailer, it appears the axles have been spinning on top of the leaf springs cause the flat plates werent welded to the axles.... so you can guess how i spent my sunday morning :( but in the end we got her fixed and sorted and the Zed was on the trailer in no time.

This picture i took here

photo21_zpsf5168555.jpg

is the second time and last time i will ever see my Zed on a car trailer  ;D

they only benifit with the zed away was i got to sort out and clean up the brothel i call my shed hahaha

photo3_zps47ed0b1a.jpg

doesnt look clean but its a shite load better than it was.

so hopefully ill have a fully fuctioning and driveable Zed in a few weeks tops!! but im feeling a little unsure and lost while shes away now i guess this is how parents feel when there kids are away lol

Thanks for listening to my ramblings guys

Cheers

Matty

No Matty : What you're feeling is worst than when kids are away . Kids away involves a party. The only thing it has in common is the handing out of hand fulls of cash.

I know how you feel when your pride and joy is not at home with you. You worry that it's been properly looked after and nothing bad will happen to it while it's away. I'm sure it will be fine mind you.

So how difficult is it to pull an S30 dash out and put it back properly? I've only ever removed 1, not had to install it again. Sounds like a good way of labeling terminal points is key.

I love the Nardi wheel matching the door trims - should look a treat, keep us updated on the outcome of the tuning session.

haha thanks for correcting me Aub, duely noted :)

pretty easy Gav but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to do with two people. i think we had the dash out and back in in around 15-20 mins thats with out the cowel and fan vent facia but. dunno bout your factory looms but mine were pretty easy to identify once extra wires were removed. just a matter of making sure i pluged it in the right way lol

hmm im very reluctant about leaving my cars at shops while they are worked on. the guy ive taken it too here in town has worked on another zed before and it came out tops so fingers crossed for mine. but when i had my 300zx the apprentice working there parked a crusier near my car leaving the hand break off and it rolled into the passenger side guard thankfully it was just the guard that was damaged. so im always iffy bout it every time the cars not home

but the nardi...

photo_zps8bdbada8.jpg

just looks the part, ive only got the nardi horn button just sitting there as the clips need modifying to fit but i love it :D

but a bit of an update today with the car! She's 90% drivable, there was a small issue with timing and the positioning of my throttle linkage. the mech fuel pump also was shagged so a new one was fitted. i was also told the idle jets are too small for the current set up and makes it a pig to drive at lower rpms so im just waiting to see if he can source some in town or ill need to wait til the mechanic can source some else where.... but i was pretty stoked for the progress he made today and fingers crossed shes ready for the weekend!!

Cheers

Matty

Love the shed. Spans a few eras. 1980's chicks on the walls. Any decade...steadily building piles of junk that'll still be there when you've got grey hair.

The purple wheels gotta go. How's that saying go....Purple and red should never be seen... White, grey, black, red yes. Purple, no.

Cheers

Jamo

Hahah i try to keep that in mind Jamo

So ive been slack in finally posting that she drives AGAIN!!!

A Local fella here in Toowoomba, Bob from CF performance sorted my tune after a timing issue and idle jet delema she was running pretty sweet apparently the way the linkages are set up is a bit backwards i was told but it works. After getting her home all that was left was to put the center console back in and the rest of my dash. the drive home was an interesting one and something that i'd dearly missed.

all though i was abit iffy with the gear box/clutch, gear changes were crunchy and reverse was near impossible to engage. mind you the box i have in her atm is the 240 5 speed when the time permits im thinking of fitting my 280 box back in. i only left it as one to save time and effort ( Or so i thought  :-\ ) with the motor swap but oh well these things happen.

i got to take her to my first meet in close to 10 months since i started the motor swap

1932594_716485281735936_474357340_o_zps1ab24b91.jpg

1898823_619599408129801_1697415147_o_zpsfb056d43.jpg

.......... it wasnt all smooth sailing but, having stopped to get i feed i came back ready to go only to find the battery had died so i had to be jumped then i had fuel line bust and spray fuel over the whole motor.... that was fun but i managed to do some ghetto fixes to sort her out and limp her home...... with out tail lights as i found out nor indicators so i have a few wiring demons to sort out could be worse i guess  ;)

I also picked up a series 2 260z bonnet from a guy who's friends with another mate of mine who just happens to have a 240z with a L28 stroked to 3lt and simply wanted to get rid of the bonnet as it was only going to be chucked out any way

photo_zps4840eab4.jpg

it's got a bit of cancer in the front and towards the rear corners but is easily fixable.... dont know what ill do about vents at this stage but when ive finished repairing and painting the bonnet ill go from there.... i know shes not much but give me a few weeks and she'll be like a stream line butterfly  ;D

Few months ago i might have decided to take my passion fot my car a little further as i have vowed never to get rid of her as shes with me for life....

photo_zps78973a1c.jpg

might seem a bit crazy to some of you here but as the saying goes you wear your heart on your sleeve, and 90% of the time shes got my heart

Cheers

Matty

You are not the only one with the letter Z tattooed on their body. :)

With the few of the hardcore fanboys here I didnt think I would be the only one now ;)

I'm not sure if i mentioned it but it was around this time last year not long after the david hack day i set the ball rolling for my motor swap and i said id give my self until the next David hack day in may to get the zed running again and true to my word she made it out  ;D

IMG_5526_zps5334a8b3.jpg

If you look carefully you can see 2 more zeds behind me, i met the guy in the red 240z last year. hes running a L28 turbo set up and what you can make out beside that is a blue 260 2+2 with a 350 chev, his plates were 350ZD

IMG_5528_zpse48f35b2.jpg

I even let my Missus drive the Daily out too

IMG_5527_zpsd3f2442c.jpg

all in all i was pretty happy my second drive and she still seems to drive fine the gear box is better but still a little notchy but it works i even took quick vid after she was warmed up read to go ( mind the shit audio quality and wind :/ )

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Matty_180/media/IMG_5511_zps027a2d94.mp4.html

Cheers

Z looks really clean mate, non fluted bonnet FTW!

thanks Gav but i do have a series two fluted bonnet in the works but im not gonna part ways with my non fluted bonnet ;)