ITB's

Zedric

Hi everyone, I may not be a new member but this is my first post. I was looking at some OER triple carbs and for around $2,700 for carbs and manifold it looks like a good deal. But I really want EFI and the OER L6 ITB kit is $2,700 and they look sweet. Has anyone had a look at the Extrudabody L6 kit, does anyone know if they're any good? I was also thinking about the EFI Hardware kit but I think it's a bit expensive @ $3,700. And when I saw one of there setup vids I could see allot of flex in the linkages, that put me off a bit. Anyway any help from someone with experience in any of these products, please let me know your thoughts. 

Hay mate, I've got the tapered bore pro race 50/48/45 itbs from EFI hardware $4,600 also had to get ECU,dizzy,injectors eg extra $3,900 this is just to give you an idea where you'll be heading if you decide to go in this direction.! Have I changed your mind? If your going to go for EFI you have to consider getting a new ECU that can run it!  :-\ took me 12months to save for it, but if you can wait and do the same as i did it's worth it  8)

Hi Lads

I am currently in discussions with a company on the cusp of releasing

an ITB setup that looks exactly like a DCOE weber (give or take 10%)

They will bolt up to weber manifold. They are a billet block with the injector

on the inside and the fuel goes in the same spot as the weber.

I have pics here but I cant show them yet.

I am in the process of getting Aus distributer for these, it could still be a few months away.

here is the IDA they do but I cant show the DCOE yet.

these are painted but you can get the natural colour or polished, whatever really

Cheers

Paul

post-2036-144023717465_thumb.jpg

post-2036-144023717471_thumb.jpg

post-2036-144023717477_thumb.jpg

Hi Chaps

Its is looking like between 6-7 hundy per unit, you will need 3

Comes with injectors and the loom you see on the IDA's above.

You will still need at least a fuel only ECU, run return line and an EFI pump and Reg.

I will be doing an article once I have 100% confirmation.

Cheers

Paul

Im not familiar with these carbs. Is the fuel getting injected before or after the throttle plate?

They arent carbs. They are 'individual throttle bodies' made to look similar to carbs. I believe fuel would be injected after the butterfly.. unless Paul (Ledge) can correct me.

I would be interested to know a price too.

Ledge how far can you get the injector backup the throttle body? There is better atomization to be had the further you can get the injector from the valve right?

Hi All,

The pics are of an IDA style which is down draught, so don't judge to much by that one.

As I said earlier I will do a full write up when this gear is available. Be patient chaps.

And yes there is a rough price a few posts up, Don't you guys read? :D

Cheers

Paul

Hay mate, I've got the tapered bore pro race 50/48/45 itbs from EFI hardware $4,600 also had to get ECU,dizzy,injectors eg extra $3,900 this is just to give you an idea where you'll be heading if you decide to go in this direction.! Have I changed your mind? If your going to go for EFI you have to consider getting a new ECU that can run it!  :-\ took me 12months to save for it, but if you can wait and do the same as i did it's worth it  8)

Your sig says taped bore?lol. Anyway, you haven't changed my mind. I know that this is the most expensive route but I also believe it's the best. I would love triple Mikuni's but no carburetor can compete with EFI when it comes to accurate fuel metering and overall flexibilty (funny, I thought it was spelled 'carburettor' but spell correction is telling me otherwise).     

Your sig says taped bore?lol.     

Oops yes dumb spell correction! All fixed  ;D

Keep an eye on my engine build, pete mite putt up some pics of the ITBs then you can see how they look  ;)

Oops yes dumb spell correction! All fixed  ;D

Keep an eye on my engine build, pete mite putt up some pics of the ITBs then you can see how they look  ;)

I can't wait to see some pic's. I love seeing triple setups, they're just awesome. I looked at a youtube vid of a 240z with triple Mikuni's on a dyno and the sound was just fantastic, and I'm hoping triple ITB's sound just as cool.

ITB,s are very cool and great when setup , but a well setup set off carbs can be dam hard to beat , 44 solex carbs on the road are so good , and the sound is hard to beat as well .EFI is great but need to be tuned buy someone who gives a shiver , or you might as well stayed with stock carbs 

ITB,s are very cool and great when setup , but a well setup set off carbs can be dam hard to beat , 44 solex carbs on the road are so good , and the sound is hard to beat as well .EFI is great but need to be tuned buy someone who gives a shiver , or you might as well stayed with stock carbs

Yeah I agree, but the whole point of having triple ITB's and a high end ecu is to be able to get that little bit of extra refinement that is beyond the physical capability of a carburetor setup. That's why I'll be wanting to see you about an engine rebuild and a fuel delivery solution.

So you'll be taking it to the track then? That's the only place you'll ever be able to notice that extra 0.5%

Get triple 44PHH Mikuni's and Spend the price difference on your new PMC power plant  ;D

You'll never look back!

I think the 0.5% gain is a bit unrealistic when you consider cold start, closed loop idle control, barometric correction and zero flat spots through the entire rev range, lower emissions, better fuel economy etc...?