240Z turbo for sale perth

24OZ

Circumstances dictate I must put up my 240Z for sale

I have owned it for 10 years and have poured a lot of money into it,driven it rarely and it has always been garaged

Fitted with an RB30ET which was a full rebuild including head and T3 Garrett turbo,Wolf 3d with hand controller,front mount intercooler,mandrel bent stainless exhaust,7 L baffled sump,MX7 Turbo 5 speed,new HD clutch,ventilated front discs and big alloy calipers,non vented skyline rear discs,HD radiator(never runs hot even in traffic in WA summer),1/2" fuel lines including new pick up in tank,standard polished rims and new bridgestones..........mechanically this car is as brand new,starts easily,idles smoothly,drives smoothly and is very quick(i also have another 240Z with a Boss 302 V8 in it,the turbo Z anihalates it in the performance stakes yet can be driven around like a shopping trolley off boost.....i've even lent it to my mum to drive!!)

As for the body,it is a genuine example that has not been butchered or flaws covered up,it was painted professionally with the motor/interior out by the previous owner 10 years ago so what you see is all there is to see,nothing nasty lurking,it has one or two minor rust areas....one is the panel near the wipers(visible in pic 8) which can be removed with 4 screws and replaced,i have a spare,the other is in the passenger door,near back edge just above where the door lips out before the sill(just visible in pic 7),frame is good,few bubbles evident in one spot.No rust in the hatch or around the tail lights,none around the screens,none in the guards,none in the chassis or floorpan,none around the suspension mounting areas.

I had a quote to completely redo all the imperfections and repaint it by a guy in Perth who does all the hotrods,a real craftsman who only does show quality work,for $3200,but feel that if I was buying I would want to see it before the work so I new what I was getting....even though it may not be so appealing from a sales point of view(I am assuming you guys are as fanatical as me)

Needs new carpets,as usual dash has a crack or two :o

Registered in WA

Don't really want to sell this part of my life so won't be giving it away,looking for $16,500 ;)

BTW the pics were after a quick wash and chamois not a full on detail for sale pics ;D

supra240z020.jpg

supra240z025.jpg

supra240z026.jpg

supra240z028.jpg

supra240z029.jpg

supra240z030.jpg

supra240z031.jpg

supra240z032.jpg

supra240z033.jpg

:o

Interested but just dont have the money.  :-[ :'( 

PLus I would drive it from perth to brisbane. Imagine the fun!

I have passed this thread onto a few people i know who are looking for a 240z as well.

Interested but just dont have the money.  :-[ :'( 

PLus I would drive it from perth to brisbane. Imagine the fun!

I have passed this thread onto a few people i know who are looking for a 240z as well.

cheers dude

interested to know what is putting people off...the price or the distance ???

theres been a couple on ebay that have got to high teens,,,,,and even then passed in,admittedly they were rebuilt body wise but not original and some not even with rebuilt mechanicals :P

for another $3200 i could get the body/paint immaculate,that leaves reupholstering the seats,covering the dash and new carpets required and you have a bullet proof ball tearer of a drivetrain with potential for a lot more(if you felt you needed it ::))

just curious

Honestly

I think it must be money. It is worth the money that you are asking ( I know i am about to do the almost exact same thing to my car and yes if i didnt have a zed i would be flying to perth right now ). What people outside of car afficianados, cant see is that an rb30 turbo in a z is a very rare thing in AUS. further to that they dont realise that a 240z coupe in any shape is getting harder and harder to find. I tried to find a coupe for the money that i wanted to spend and ... well I settled and now love my 2+2.

I wonder if there is still a stigma attached to owning an old datsun no matter how cool it is ?

From my experience on ebay people are like poker players nothing happens until the last 12 hours when all hell breaks loose. You best gauge is how many people are watching. I had close to 350 people watching my xb v8 coupe and it got no bids for 9 days then 20 odd bids in the last 12 hours.

Don't forget a lot of people are weary of the condition of such a motor. (They don't want to be buying problems) I am sure it is fine, for that sort of cash it would want to be but it's convincing people of it's reliability etc that is the problem. I am sure you would sell it easily at that price if people could clearly see that the conversion has been done preperly. Also be mindful that whilst Zeds are desirable people aren't queing up for them. Advertise periodically over a 3 months and I am sure someone will get the bug, have a look around and find your car. Patience! :)

I am talking reliable instal. There is still a stigma with turbo engines and there reliability. But having said that there are plenty of people competent around turbo's so I am guessing it's just a matter of time before a new owner finds it and makes an offer.

Sco aus : had to sell the v8 coupe. Daily driver costing me about 100 dollars fuel a week. Also I had had enough of the cop attention  ( Best year to date was 10 "random safety checks" and 8 "random breath tests " last time the cops pulled me over as i was entering my drive !  ). It was only a normal coupe nothing too spectacular.

240z:  Have you popped onto skylinesaustralia.com or something similar and advertise there? Most people on there understand power to weight ratios and turbos. If you mention that an 1100 kg 240z with an rb30 turbo is up for sale you should get someone interested. :) I think they have a place for non skyline areas or that might be calaisturbo.com.au which wouldnt be a bad place to try either.

• 1 month later...

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270165708171&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

maybe i should pull mine completely apart,spray it in primer,take out the rebuilt RB30ET,remove the  brake upgrade/intercooler/engine management system/mandrel stainless exaust/VLT 5 speed etc etc and sell it on ebay suit someone who wants to do an RB30 turbo transplant

i'm sure it would work out cheaper for them than bidding on a finished car at $10,000 ::)

go figure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mate,

You've done a red hot job on this baby, i love it. Just wondering what the interior is like. I live in Sydney but my flatmate is in Perth for a month so i can get him to have a look at the beast at some stage.

Would love to talk further about this, i'm very keen.

Rexx

Cool, she's almost finished anyway then by the sounds of it.

Does it have AC and radio? And i'm wondering what my chances of getting it registered in NSW are...

How many K's on the rebuild? Just out of curiosity, how far will a tank get me if i'm driving like my mum?

cheers mate

no aircon

no radio

about 1500km on the full mechanical rebuild

not sure on mpg in "mum mode" ,shouldn't be more than a carbied L6 if you don't drive it on boost

registration shouldn't be a problem,brakes are more than up to the task and it's been professionally converted with no shortcuts,it drives very well