Sign in to follow this  
peter mc

Owens 3.2 build ,starting over

There will be Heep's off pics this week , should have the new pipes and i will be finishing the inlet manifold , will be a cracker road race engine , can not wate to get it on the dyno  ;D

Sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to the dyno too, to see how we'll it does. Ill be coming down this Saturday I can't wait to see it. :) ill give Les a call tomorrow to confirm.

Don't you just love th ZX oil filter adapters..............  ::)

Why would you put them upside down? So every time you pull it off, oil goes everywhere!  >:(

Looking the goods O

Will we see you on the track?

Hay Simon, nah not for track use! Have no time! And after this no money  :D lol just for street fun and the occasional show.

Should sound real good now! Pete those mesh filters shouldn't take much to pull off, I've only put three little dabs of silicon to hold them on.  ;)

Hey Peter, sent u a pm a while back about piston rod combo.........the spool fj20 rods and the custom sps pistons........ what bore is needed for the combo? remeber you saying you have the piston info on file and have a contact at sps.........Any chances you can PM me the details? or anyone else that has this combo?

cheers!

Owen , you are going to love this Engine, when you get it up and running it will be time to do a drive day, or at least meet up some where! Melbourne boys and Ballarat boys and Warrigal  boys and the other Boys.

Should sound real good now! Pete those mesh filters shouldn't take much to pull off, I've only put three little dabs of silicon to hold them on.  ;)

You were running the sock filters, Owen. What made you switch? Peter told me once the mesh filterss are restrictive. Did I misunderstand you Peter?

Sounds good to me Gordo  :) be good to get out of this town for the day! Will have to relearn how to dive it again most likely!

Those injectors are 283cc 14mm!

Hay Roberto,

no! before all this happened I was trying different filters out, but found out by pete also.  :-\

You were running the sock filters, Owen. What made you switch? Peter told me once the mesh filterss are restrictive. Did I misunderstand you Peter?

There's quite a few styles of the mesh type, I thought some were good and some were bad. These are EFI hardware one if I'm not mistaken. Steve Newing tested them on a V8, he says they offer no restriction at all and flow the same as an open stack. It's no PMC Lseries so results may vary.

Any filter will have pressure drop across it and that means a flow restriction doesn't it?

Hope you have lined up a suitable gearbox. I have all but destroyed mine in 4 test drives basically around the greater block...

Hope you have lined up a suitable gearbox.

I'm getting the full package, Fj20 gear box and R200 lsd diff to suit  ;)

yep he had it on the old motor and also has the twin idler lol owell 

we are only trying for 310hp , I'm going for a 1308 cam only 298 deg but has 590lift , I'm trying to make as much torque as i can under 5000 , as it will spend all its time on the road , if it was a track car it would have a 654a cam and it would make more over 6000 , and i would change the water pump and do more water mods

What's wrong with electric water pumps pete? Is it best to change it!

I have found on the race motors the EWP is not as good as the stock part , but on your motor i dont think it will be a problem , if we were after 330+ i would as you to change it