Owens 3.2 build ,starting over

peter mc

BEST we start over was all i could say ,  ::) Owen had a friend build his stroker and had used all the cool parts ,but things did not go to plan ,

The new pistons were damaged because the block was not as clean as it should have been , so the bottom end needed to be rebuilt from scratch with new pistons and a re-bore

specs , for the build

pistons forged sps 90+mm

crank 83mm stroke kemeri

rods 138mm

head to be built by Les and me , with 46mm inlets full race port and will be a P90

comp will be 10.5

induction is EFI hardwere itb

exh will be SW race pipes and 3in magaflow

this is the block as it is today pics to come as it get built and there will be a dyno vid as we tune the ECU

post-2089-144023716597_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023716605_thumb.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Roberto  ;)

Nice! I'm lovin it already. The darker colour will work out great in the engine bay Pete. Black with Crome/polished and anodised red to of set it is what I'm going for  8)

Hey Pete,

How does the Kameari crank compare to your your prepped RB30 crank? Is it full counter weight?

What size cam is this thing going to run, same as mine i'm guessing?

Best we start over, yer I heard that one before Pete. Owen you know it's gonna be a ball  tairrer. In all the time I've had my PMC haven't had one oil or gasket leak and its sounding sweeter and sweeter.

Owen, saw your engine yesterday , Peter tells me your block has a special quality for a big bore. Well done with that one. Also saw the 3.5lt block and crank. The work that these guys do is amazing. To get that crank to fit inside with the clearances . They have to grind out the oil line in the block and rebore another one! Cutting edge stuff. Way ahead of other engine builders, they wouldn't touch that stuff. If you want the Best Engine. Take it to Peter and Les.

They relly know the craft. I just want one.( but you already have one) yer another one! Bigger and better.

Cheers guys ,great work.

Yeah It can go out to 91mm!  Very lucky I guess. The guy at the machine shop that done first bore out to 89.5 was freaking out, wait till I tell him it can go out this far. 8)

Did you see the water mod? that things unreal, it's a work art!

The crank is a stock LD28 thing by the look off it ,  with this engine we will run 2 cams on the dyno and see what it likes , as it will spend all its time on the road ,

76 Works is a street cam isn't it?  ;D

FYI - last year Nissan finally discontinued the LD28 cranks and Kameari will no longer stock these once they have sold their stock. I believe Kameari will continue to make their full counter weighted versions of the LD28 crank - just no more stock cranks that they used to get directly from Nissan.

Hi Owen

Les has finished porting your head this was a pic i snapped while he was at lunch , he was half way thou the inlet port and starting on the chamber , looks real nice port size is 39mm so it should rpm well to 7500

Nice, makes me wish I had the same done to mine.

Hi Owen

More pics off the bottom end, its all together now,  looking  good , i removed all the old paint off the sump and parts that were painted blue and removed the paint from all the bolts to get a better finish , next will be setting up the head with the new springs and cam ,

And yes sonic testing is to see if its safe to bore , as this block was 89.5 it was realy close to getting a new block , but after sonic testing it was found to be a very thick casting

post-2089-14402371749_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023717494_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023717499_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023717503_thumb.jpg