2013 PI Sprints Calender?

260DET

Is there one place to go to which has all the Phillip Island sprints and regularities scheduled for this year? I'm looking at coming down early summer, preferably at a time when there are two events close together. But PI lists bugger all, who runs sprints there?

There is the Historic meet in March 2014.

Three days of track access, but youd be in the regularity division.

Island Magic will require a cams certified cage, safety gear inc window net.

You could work it that you do another event the weekend prior/after on way north/south, at Winton, Wakefield or Eastern Ck.

Hi Richard, if you go to the PIARC home page, click on calendar and you will see. The weekends of.

June 15/16,  August 17/18, and Australian sprint champs November 9/10. Most of the PIARC sprints are 95db, and the Saturday is always the practic and some time passenger sessions. So Saturdays are not timed, but great for you to get your self sorted, and come out Sunday and kick some butt, November looks like it Could be a good one to get two days in!!!  Cheers.

Good stuff Richard, Peter Mac and I are going to enter the November sprint. Maybe we can get a few more and make a big weekend out of it. Heaps of time to get ready. Gareth and Simon ,Dimitri heaps of others get on board. Cheers.

Yer good pick up Dave,

22nd November is the wifes' birthday - I was looking at dates a few weeks back for a roadtrip down to PI and was pretty sure the Nov sprint didn't clash with that most important date that good husbands never forget  ;D

Despite the fancy name  (Australian Supersprint Championships), this is just your run-of-the-mill supersprint ? Open to all (even foreigners from north of the border) ? I assume so, its listed on the NSW supersprint calendar as well.

And while I'm asking questions, what's with the "Division One" and "Division Two" in regularity (as mentioned in the  PI Classic regs) ? Different classes / different speeds / something else ? Most events I do just have two groups for Regularity (fast and slow) when there are enough cars for two fields of regularity drivers.

's funny, Morgan Park at Warwick also run a one off "Australian Supersprint Championship" event  late in each year, it is a three day event, ie practice all day on the Friday, and then timed runs on the Sat and Sun.

It is not a round of their usual series but a stand alone event.

Dave, the PI historics run two groups of regularity, they like to call it Division 1 and 2, instead of " really slow old fashioned clapped out junkers". And " semi fast in their own minds weekend warriors"

VHRR take great delight in rejecting serious entries, and accepting very odd things like 1926 Darracq's with open chain drives, and no seatbelts, 'cos its pukka!

Your 1600 would rate, however, it would be luck that lets in a far more modern Datsun 280 ZX, but it is worth it just for the experience and track time, approx  6 sessions at 20 mins per. Yes entry fee now is getting steep, i reckon that VHRR will now see declining numbers based on lack of "value".$700 odd for PI Historics

Whats the entry fee for the Sprint champs? Bear in mind it is one day untimed/practise.

That teams 6 hour gave very good track time over two days, i felt!

The November event we are talking about Jason is run by the PIARC, it is not a histronic event. I was thinking of doing that end of year sprint event at MP but PI beckons :)

For November blokes, I would be happy to chip in for a share garage at PI. Be prepared and it (the rain) won't happen :)

Good stuff Richard, Peter Mac and I are going to enter the November sprint. Maybe we can get a few more and make a big weekend out of it. Heaps of time to get ready. Gareth and Simon ,Dimitri heaps of others get on board. Cheers.

I could be in for that too, it's always a lot more fun with plenty of Z cars there. No garantees, my events will be limited as I have major gearbox issues and a new BIG cam change.

After seeing Phillip Island for the first time at the Nationals but not having my Track Z there I am keen to come over and

punt my car around there.

I would be keen to join this little event aswell.

Cheers

• 1 month later...