QLD Mini Lapz

Jk_zeder

You got some very good photos on the day Matty. Thank you

Unfortunately due to over heating problems, I had to withdraw after the second run . From there things didn't improve and the trip home was one I wish to forget.

But I was surprised at the Drivers briefing when the track owners came out with a statement and I quote:Lakeside is the highest agerage speed circut in Australia , making reference to both  Bathurst and Phillip Island . I was waiting for howls of protest from any southerners but the room was silent . Must have been full of QLD'ers only.

Yeah was a good afternoon, I didn't arrive until about 2pm - geez Nev is quick ..... Pity that 350z cut your run short.

Again guys I know I asked Dave to circulate an email to all the guys that were there, but to make it public:

I appologise for cutting the last run short. Believe me it wasn't planned. Sorry guys.

Mike

Again guys I know I asked Dave to circulate an email to all the guys that were there, but to make it public:

I appologise for cutting the last run short. Believe me it wasn't planned. Sorry guys.

Mike

Mike, better you bin the Z than the 1600, don't want to get those wheels marked!!!!!

Bad luck on that, you were a lucky boy. I've had that happen to me twice, once at the bus stop in 2000 and I thought the car was gone, basically both feet out, grab 2nd and drove away not touching anything and only me and my dry cleaner knowing the true colour of adrenalin, and the last time the back let go, we think from oil or water from the footage I have seen and I gave the wall a smack on drivers right just after the bridge taking off the spoiler, nosecone and bonnet. Got some nice phots out of that as my wall paper on the laptop now.

It's all good Mike, no ones judging you mate. Shit happens especially on the track.

If it makes you feel any better we are still ripping into Dusty about the 2010 LapZ... actually that probably wont make you feel any better ;)

I'm spewing still I couldn't make it but when the job pays for the cars you have to put the job first.

James

Matt, funny as it sounds I was kinda glad it wasn't in the 1600. The radiator etc. is a lot closer to the front and the polly carb bumper has a bit more give than the old mild steel fronts of the Datto and a lot easier to source replacements (of course I wouldn't be saying that is the car was writen off... I was a lucky boy!)

James, I know no one judges me, we all have incidents when we're pushing hard, but you still feel bad afterwards though. It doesn't really make me feel better about ripping into Dusty, though I will repair my damage before I pass the car on (if I do) so noone can sign my name to it :)

It would have been good to see you guys again, and on the track again, I did a PB 65.26 on the day. Not too bad for a stocko Z on street rubber.

d3c0y: all good mate, it's only as dangerous as your right foot makes it. Sometimes you just get it wrong :)

Mike

It is true that the danger is only proportional to the pressure under the right foot. However I don't know too many people that can jump on a track and drive at 80%.

By the way for those who might be interested in a cheap, extremely fun, entry level motorsport event. There will be a bitumen khanacross at Willowbank on 25/8 and again on 17/11. These are perfect for the zeds. If you aren't familiar with Khanacross just Youtube it. Its very similar to autocross in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Link to Michael's off in run 4, very little damage to the 350Z and none to M  :D 

From 2:00 on. Compare with my run #4 video.

Just a quick one to say this isn't the only footage of the day I did a couple of relatively quick laps too like the first 2 in Run 2, after that I followed some 280ZX thingy :)

Sorry about the poor sound and less than hi-def footage (couldn't find my good camera)