QLD Mini Lapz

Jk_zeder

Hey guys,

So a bunch of us from the ZCCQ will be heading to Lakeside on the 15th of May for a midweek sprint.

15 of us have purchased our own group from QR so we can get out and have a bit of fun.

Currently our group is full but if you would like to come up and drive you can still book a spot through QR directly for $135 + licence. (Let me know if you do as we may be able to get you in with the shared drivers in a second group)

If you would like to just come up and say hi that would be great as well, I'd say most of us will be up there by 11ish but PM me for my number if you want something more confirmed.

Those amateur photographers out there should come take some pics as it'll probably be awhile before this many Zs will be on the track at Lakeside for some time again.

• 2 weeks later...

Neville and I usually park up near the control tower, not so far to walk for time sheets and less passing traffic. Will probably park the truck and trailer outside near the entry. Rain rain go away :)

Wow a couple of people having decent off-road excursions there!

Why do you have the boxes around the bonnet vents Richard?

To create negative air pressure and scavenge air up and out through the fents.

Only usefull if running a well fitted undertray that goes back to bellhousing.

Yes few offs in that, but lap times dont indicate any desperation. Also some very odd lines. Must remember it is just a lapdash, no racing!

Wow a couple of people having decent off-road excursions there!

Why do you have the boxes around the bonnet vents Richard?

To cut a long story short, that vent design completely solved a serious overheating problem. Jason is partly right but an undertray is not essential although the car has one now. Vents also help clear heat when the car stops after doing some laps.

Re the offs, it wars becuz I wars puttin pressuh on dem  :)