Sign in to follow this  
Jk_zeder

QLD Mini Lapz

Hey guys,

So a bunch of us from the ZCCQ will be heading to Lakeside on the 15th of May for a midweek sprint.

15 of us have purchased our own group from QR so we can get out and have a bit of fun.

Currently our group is full but if you would like to come up and drive you can still book a spot through QR directly for $135 + licence. (Let me know if you do as we may be able to get you in with the shared drivers in a second group)

If you would like to just come up and say hi that would be great as well, I'd say most of us will be up there by 11ish but PM me for my number if you want something more confirmed.

Those amateur photographers out there should come take some pics as it'll probably be awhile before this many Zs will be on the track at Lakeside for some time again.

Yeh, this will be good  :D Get some incar video cameras going too blokes to post on YouTube, going to have two cameras on the Z. Use your phones, there are lap timing apps available. 

We won't be done until about 4-4:30. Should work out well

Sorry Lurch ,

But I have had to give up two of my runs to my Daughter. She got a taste of racing and wants time in a zed . See Dave R he has more zeds than you can count on one hand.

Uummmmmm ME!

40k deposit should cover it... Haha

I'm getting close to joining the shenanigans. Engine is in and car is driving, just need the brakes and diff done and i'll be able to join in!

Give Dusty a call Jason, There are a few shared drivers running.

no last minute changes to our afternoon at Lakeside is there. Are we able to park as a group in the pits or will we be all over the place?

Neville and I usually park up near the control tower, not so far to walk for time sheets and less passing traffic. Will probably park the truck and trailer outside near the entry. Rain rain go away :)

Thanks for posting the photos Matty and the videos are great thanks Richard for putting up the links,

Wow a couple of people having decent off-road excursions there!

Why do you have the boxes around the bonnet vents Richard?

To create negative air pressure and scavenge air up and out through the fents.

Only usefull if running a well fitted undertray that goes back to bellhousing.

Yes few offs in that, but lap times dont indicate any desperation. Also some very odd lines. Must remember it is just a lapdash, no racing!

To cut a long story short, that vent design completely solved a serious overheating problem. Jason is partly right but an undertray is not essential although the car has one now. Vents also help clear heat when the car stops after doing some laps.

Re the offs, it wars becuz I wars puttin pressuh on dem  :)

Link to Michael's off in run 4, very little damage to the 350Z and none to M  :D 

From 2:00 on. Compare with my run #4 video.