Hi from Ballarat

Hi all,

Im from Ballarat, Vic.  Ive had a few Datsuns over the last 20 years, including 1600 road and race cars, 1200 utes and coupes.  I still race a 1200 coupe that i took to this years Nationals at the Island.  Great weekend!

I bought a good 260Z 2 seater about 9 years ago and its been sitting in the shed unloved for the last 8!! in the last 24hours i thought about selling it, but have decided to keep it for now and give it some attention.

Thats what has brought me here!

Im sure i`ll get some great info and advice from the AusZcar members.

The car is goldish bronze(rust free) with a strong 2.92lts datrally engine. It has had some work done to suspension(adjustable wetlegs) and has a brake upgrade(volvos).

The gearbox neads replacing first and is the reason i stopped driving it 8 years ago.

I`ll put some pics up as i progress with it.

Cheers all,

Simon

• Moderators

Simon

Gidday and Welcome to the forum. You are not the only member (forum member that is  ;) ) in Ballarat, but you probably already know that.

Good luck with the project

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I`m fairly new to Ballarat.  I have often seen a bright green Z in town, but not sure if the owner is on here tho.  I`ll see if I can search for members by location.

Hard to miss, easy to find. Look forward to meeting you.

I'm down Doveton St South.. I'll PM you my mobile!

• Moderators

Thanks Peter,

I`m fairly new to Ballarat.  I have often seen a bright green Z in town, but not sure if the owner is on here tho.  I`ll see if I can search for members by location.

and watch out for a Grey V8 Clevo powered 2+2 called Lucinda.

Howdy Simon

Ill have my blue ZX back on the road in a couple months. We z guys in ballarat all know each other, you find one of us we'll meet you sooner or later ;-)

Owen

hi there in Downtown Ballarat, welcome I had my Datsun @ the Nationals as well, great weekend.

Ahh yes i spent some time peering into the engine bay of your ZX, i have developed a fondness of V8 Powered Zeds. A very Nice Machine!

I`ll send you a message Scoota, Ta.

Hi Lurch,  i`m in the middle of town, so had to build a room to keep the noise in!  I must get those lights up!

ZED83, sounds like you`ll beat me back onto the road.

I`m sure i`ll catch one of you sooner rather than later.

Simon

Welcome Simon. Love your garage!!.

Howdy Simon

Ill have my blue ZX back on the road in a couple months. We z guys in ballarat all know each other, you find one of us we'll meet you sooner or later ;-)

Owen

ZED83 are you the guy with the 3.1ltr efi ITB's? I think my brothers tuned your Haltech?. If so they always mention your ZX ;D

Welcome Simon. Love your garage!!.

ZED83 are you the guy with the 3.1ltr efi ITB's? I think my brothers tuned your Haltech?. If so they always mention your ZX ;D

Yep that's me  ;) say hi to them for me! Tell them I've pulled the motor out and getting it built properly by Peter Mc. If they ask say my mechanic wasn't up to the task! I also know Your bro Ben i work for him his my boss! I'm his Carpenter  ;D

Owen

Yeah i have alot of Brothers lol. Ben kept telling me to check out your engine when it was at the workshop but when i got time to drop by it was gone!. They speak very highly of you and your car so it must be good.

Hopefully i'll have my car finished this year and i'll cruise down to you.

Yeh come down for a cruise be great to meet you see your car too ;-) you can meet dale and mark if you haven't met them already. Mark can show you his V8 260 2+2 Nice! and dales got 3 240z's. be worth the drive.

Yeh come down for a cruise be great to meet you see your car too ;-) you can meet dale and mark if you haven't met them already. Mark can show you his V8 260 2+2 Nice! and dales got 3 240z's. be worth the drive.

Definately. Mark will be doing some rust repairs and brake mods for me in a couple of months so i guess i can check out your car then.

And now, back to Simon....

Welocome by the way.....

Plus an extra O for you. It's all related but sounds so regional vic, my brothers, sisters auntie did the trim on a couch that you found out the front of a wendouree address? That's every other week in Ballarat. Something you City Slickers wouldn't understand :P. Anyways, cue the pictures  ;D