Sign in to follow this  
sco_aus

My 1977 260Z 2 seater, RB25DET converted (lots of pics, be warned)

Don't stress too much about it.. It's like installing exy speakers and slipping with the screwdriver and ripping a nice hole in the cone and / or the suspension material.

lol thanks mate.  I'll break out the sharpie and colour it back to black :)  Unfortunately it went down to the primer in a couple of spots, so I guess I'll be respraying the bonnet some time reasonably soon.

Thanks Shane.  I'm going to extend it all the way back to the crossmember when I get time just to make it a buy more effective.  I'll buy some supports for it and the spoiler soon which will strengthen it and make it look cool at the same time which is what my aim is with the whole car :)

So I finally got around to installing my AZC brakes yesterday with the help of a friend.  I still cant believe how easy it was. But we had a small problem: On the back of the caliper where the brake lines bolt into, they have a sort of nipple.  This nipple was leaking on both calipers, but I had some thread tape laying around which fixed, but im not sure it would hold on the track.  If anyone has any ideas, or if you think that should be fine, let me know...

Anyways, pics:

de198d62.jpg

1da5177c.jpg

41cac87e.jpg

6014c5f5.jpg

If you don't mind me asking...how much was the total? I have another 260 that needs that treatment..

For 4 pot calipers, brake lines, 12.2 inch HD alloy rotors, pads and brackets, including postage was $1070ish.  I consider it quite cheap considering if you paid a brake shop to replace all of the above parts on a standard car + labor, it would be similar prices...  This is much better...  :)

For 4 pot calipers, brake lines, 12.2 inch HD alloy rotors, pads and brackets, including postage was $1070ish.  I consider it quite cheap considering if you paid a brake shop to replace all of the above parts on a standard car + labor, it would be similar prices...  This is much better...  :)

Nice is that the front brakes only? My rear drums are well trashed or at least the master cylinder is gone in them. Always wanted a good set of brakes on the 240z.

Yeh that's front brakes only.  I am running R31 rears which should be more than enough with a decent set of pads.

Nice stoppers  :)  They should pull it up nicely on the track.  That is a great price too for what you get.

Just read the write up on the front page.  Car is looking great!  I'll have to have a chat to you sometime about your CV conversion.

Thanks Shane, I was very happy with the pics, Justin did an awesome job.

No worries, I should just add to what I have here.  I'll do it later though, I have to go to work now.

So the car is on the main page of the website with a bit of a write up.

A friends did all the photos and I am happy with the car for now...

c669b813.jpg

nice brakes brotha......I've got the same kit........need to play around with mine though.......not sure if its' the pad but initial bite is not great.

Really, my initial bite is painful, it brakes so bloody hard and is hard to drive in traffic, but I have a 1 inch MC, not sure if you have the same.

Thanks mate.  I am going to have to start getting it ready for the nationals next year at PI, so time to break out the breaker bar and tighten up every bolt I can find lol, there are a few clunks under there at the moment.  I will do all fluids and a major service, including resealing the sump, it has a small leak.  I am tempted to pull it off and have some baffles added, will see.  But otherwise, its pretty much ready to go.  :)

William here Scott. Mmmm nationals......would I need a cams licence?

Hey William.  I would think we would, it depends on what PI regulations are, I'm sure NDSOC will tell us closer to the date. 

Really, my initial bite is painful, it brakes so bloody hard and is hard to drive in traffic, but I have a 1 inch MC, not sure if you have the same.

I'll check what MC I have.

Could be it's seen a few track days now and just needs a bleed.....a little spongey now that I think about it.

What pads are you running?

Hey I noticed on mine the outer pad wears out quicker than the inner. Good idea to check on your pads regularly and rotate left inner to right outer to get good wear out of them.

Forgot to check what MC size, will do tmrw.

The pads are the ones that came with the kit and I haven't driven it enough to even wear them, infact I doubt they are even bedded in properly lol.  Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye on them.