Sagging door hinges

d3c0y

If I recall the zed pins/bushes are NLA but you can get the Navara D21 items still they work just the pins are little longer but most will not know (some of us can tell if you have installed these but who cares if your doors are fixed)

Exactly i give no fark for concourse! I already have a commodore crank, subaru diff, porsche brakes and WRX suspension haha.

zzzzed what was the cost all up?

• Administrators

If I recall the zed pins/bushes are NLA but you can get the Navara D21 items still they work just the pins are little longer but most will not know (some of us can tell if you have installed these but who cares if your doors are fixed)

I would only care about such things if I was restoring a car for posterity like placing it in a museum. However if you want to own a practical classic then I don't worry about these things.

• 1 year later...

it will sit low at the back and be hard to close unless you move the striker plate down. Also mine didn't seal on the frame properly.

It's the main reason they break at the front too because people adjust the chrome frame all the way in to try and fix it and then break the door.

Ordered these parts from FTG Nissan this morning: Nissan Bushing #80410-01G00, Nissan Pin #80406-V5002

When I quoted the PN's the guy knew exactly what they were, says he sells quite a few ......he has the bushes in stock and the pins will come from Nissan Australia on Monday.

I think it was around $45 $50. My guy is good with his prices

That's an unbelievable price, considering the tolerances that have to be achieved for a press fit.

I phoned this morning and the local Nissan/Holden chap said he would get them in this afternoon. He said the pins were $17 each (ouch!) and the bushed come in packets of 5 and are $5.

I got a call around 2:00pm and went to pick them up. The chap said either $150 or $120 I can't recall which because my mind went blank once he got the one hundred out. He must have seen the blood drain from my face as I staggered backwards from the counter uttering "WHAT". It turns out the crappy little pressed metal bushes were $5 EACH , not for a packet of 5.

He quickly said he would give me trade price and I could have them for $99.

I wiped away the tears and slouched off with my new pins and bushes. Luckily it's age pension day tomorrow and I console myself with the thought that Joe Hockey will be paying for them!

Good news is they are easy to install.

By the way, there is no need to cut the head off the bushes - I don't know why the other chap did that. You can access the bottom of the bush by coming at it through the other bush. They are very easy to knock out.

post-684-144023771206_thumb.jpg

Peter, have you actually pressed in the new bushes and checked for fit with the pin? Bushes seem pretty sloppy but look like they will tighten up when they get pressed into the hinge.

The pin fit is nice and tight, BUT, I have another issue.

The heads of the bushes sit too proud and there is considerable interference. I'm thinking about this for a bit.

I squeezed them in with aluminium soft jaws in the vice and they dug into the aluminium. I don't want to use the hard jaws as they have a knurl pattern. I might have a go with a screw press tomorrow with smooth hard faces. You obviously want some interference so how much they are to be compressed will be determined by incremental adjustment.

post-684-144023771279_thumb.jpg

Thanks Peter.

Ive just disassembled all of mine so I can blast them before reassembly and noted the different design which looks like you can give them a good squeeze to get the desired fit. Might have to use a press or skim a bit off them. Let me know how you go.

... or skim a bit off them...

I would think twice about that. Beat them down to keep as much meat as possible to aid durability.

My fibreglass, aluminium and perspex doors weigh bugger-all, so I can probably get away with minimal interference. It might be different with metal and glass doors.

Hi Peter.

Just tried one of mine, used some steel angle to protect the bushes from the knurling in the jaws. First effort they wouldndt fit like yours but put them back in the vice and gave it another good pull and it was perfect!

David