Sign in to follow this  
CooperJS

Do many 240z or 260z come up cheap that are road worthy/registered?

+1 to Gav, that looks like a pretty honest car & a great base to start with.

It's hard not to lose some motivation when your beautiful Z car has been nothing more than a shell for a year  ;D, so get the best start you can possibly afford otherwise your only car will be forever in repairs and you'll have pissed off parents who are sick of looking at it!

So even if you have to wait for another 6 months to save up the extra for something 5-8k, it'll save you probably 12 months work that it would take to get a $2,000 Z up to the shape of a $8,000 Z.

Im with you guys on that, i would like to get something like that, but im starting to think that i should get a datsun 260z or something as a project car, since now i have a place were i can store it with out any one hassling me :) Hopefully something nice will pop up around my birthday that isnt to dear but im just thinking of having a daily car and then a datsun 260z has a project car untill i get it road worthy then sell the daily and use the datsun as my daily if not i would just keep both. Unless something clean come up ill just try and get that unless dad gets all worked up about it and wont let me get it.

Cooper

simple answer to that, dont plan on using the datsun as a daily.

Considering you can buy an excel (or other generic sh|tbox) for under $1000 and it'll be cheap to run/expendable/who cares if it gets dings and scratches

Its not worth trying to make a 40yr old car work reliably for you, through cold mornings, hot days, torrential rain ect ec.

If you spend a lot on it, you'll also hate leaving it in a carpark every day for all the inconsiderate idiots to scratch it for you.

It also limits what you can do with it, in mods and repairs if you have to have it running reliably for the week.

if it keeps annoying me, yea....

but i'd sell it completed for $80k ;D