Sign in to follow this  
CooperJS

Do many 240z or 260z come up cheap that are road worthy/registered?

I saw that looks amazing that sold for $5100 on ebay such a good buy for who ever bought it!

Thats very nice but its pretty far away, have to try and look for something more local and maybe Victoria :)

Cooper

Yep flog one from the mexicans. :P

Also u know that sa peeps have at least two. Some lucky to have 6. May be less of us here but most own 2 or 3 z hehehe

Yep flog one from the mexicans. :P

Also u know that sa peeps have at least two. Some lucky to have 6. May be less of us here but most own 2 or 3 z hehehe

Damm, thats one hell of a Z family haha

Well realistically we've both only got maybe 1.5 when all the rust is ignored hahah

hahah thats true or maybe every one owns at least one then another that is a rolling shell haha

Save your pennies mate, get something good wen it comes up and you have money for it. That's what I'm doing and I'm getting closer to my goal

One day if we both go through with getting datsun Z's going to have to catch up being young adelaidians haha

Sam

Save your pennies mate, get something good wen it comes up and you have money for it. That's what I'm doing and I'm getting closer to my goal

One day if we both go through with getting datsun Z's going to have to catch up being young adelaidians haha

Sam

Haha sounds like a plan man im really keen to do this! If i get one ill let you know :)

If you push your budget up a little maybe these ones.

http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/cars/cars/datsun/260z/43970

http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/cars/cars/datsun/260z/42105

Not sure on the quality as i've never owned a Z before. I am looking for a 240 though.

Tony

Wow they look nice, would defiantly be worth a trip to Vic to get one but ill see how i go :)

ill try and look for something more local.

Cooper

Hes had that yellow one for sale for a while now...a few more pics would help. Interesting that Issac the woodchipy is showing a Victorian address, could have sworn he lived near Penrith in NSW .....

Zac sold the yellow car late last year, When i bought my car off him, i was actually interested in the yellow one, but he said he sold it a few weeks earlier.

My guess is that its a old advertisement not taken down yet, cant explain why it says victoria, because your right Chris, he is from Sydney.

*Edit* Id put my money on a old ad not taken down, as his ad for my car is still up, and i bought it back in January.

Rudolf.

ok, ill try and go and have a look at it some time with dad, and another bonus is now have a place were i can keep it if i did get it :)

Cooper

Possibly not the most ideal car if you're looking for something to hop straight into and drive around; it's had a respray and potentially hiding a few nasties.

Bring along a magnet or something and just make sure you go over the usual rust spots with these cars & make sure they're alright, or at least you know about them so you don't get surprised. Have a good look underneath the floors too.

Interior looks a bit shagged too, door cards and seats mainly. Though a member on here split up a 2+2 (in s.a.) as you probably would have seen. If you go through with it, might be worth getting in touch and checking out if the door panels are still around. Color is different, but nothing some dye won't get looking similar. Better than big ugly holes and saggy vinyl.

When you get a chance to look, bring along a camera and snap away, post some pics up here if you're still thinking about it & if anything looks dangerously suss you'll soon know about it.

Possibly not the most ideal car if you're looking for something to hop straight into and drive around; it's had a respray and potentially hiding a few nasties.

Bring along a magnet or something and just make sure you go over the usual rust spots with these cars & make sure they're alright, or at least you know about them so you don't get surprised. Have a good look underneath the floors too.

Interior looks a bit shagged too, door cards and seats mainly. Though a member on here split up a 2+2 (in s.a.) as you probably would have seen. If you go through with it, might be worth getting in touch and checking out if the door panels are still around. Color is different, but nothing some dye won't get looking similar. Better than big ugly holes and saggy vinyl.

When you get a chance to look, bring along a camera and snap away, post some pics up here if you're still thinking about it & if anything looks dangerously suss you'll soon know about it.

Thanks thriller, ill have my phone with me and ill try and get some pics of it, hopefully nothing should be to bad but if i did get this, it would be a long term project. :)

Im going to have a look at it this Tuesday with my dad if it dosent sell before then. Trying not to get to pumped up about it hahaha!

By the way how does the magnet help?

Cooper

Well if a magnet doesn't stick to a panel, the panel isn't metal! Or at least, any metal is sitting underneath a niiiice thick crusty layer of bog.

Good luck.

Well if a magnet doesn't stick to a panel, the panel isn't metal! Or at least, any metal is sitting underneath a niiiice thick crusty layer of bog.

Good luck.

ohh hahahah, thanks thriller, ill let you guys know soon how it goes :)

Cooper

just so were clear here, dont rock up with some behemoth horseshoe magnet, or the owner may want to see if there is any metal in your colon when you start tapping it against his paintwork.

Take one of the flexible weak fridge magnets, the ones you get from real estates/pizza shops/advertising stuff.

You can hold it and 'flap' it against the bodywork without fear or damaging anything.

Because they are weak as pi$$ it'll also be very sensitive to any filler or rust and wont stick if there is.

If possible, practice your bog detection technique against a known vehicle, eg, your own car if you know there is some bog in it, or maybe a friends car? ect.

just so were clear here, dont rock up with some behemoth horseshoe magnet, or the owner may want to see if there is any metal in your colon when you start tapping it against his paintwork.

Take one of the flexible weak fridge magnets, the ones you get from real estates/pizza shops/advertising stuff.

You can hold it and 'flap' it against the bodywork without fear or damaging anything.

Because they are weak as pi$$ it'll also be very sensitive to any filler or rust and wont stick if there is.

If possible, practice your bog detection technique against a known vehicle, eg, your own car if you know there is some bog in it, or maybe a friends car? ect.

Ahh ok because i was thinking of taking one if these with me and then just run it along side of the car ;)    http://www.uline.com/images/product/Medium/HD_8875_M.jpg

Ok awesome i might take one of the magnets off the fridge, if i remember haha

Thanks Nizm0 for that video and the tips!

Cooper

Its cheap as chips, BUT,  for $4-6000 you will find a 2+2 800% better...

Good luck, but dont get emotionally attached or over excited.

Good luck.

Magnets dont stick to Lead either mate.

Well i went to visit the datsun today, although i would of had no chance in getting, plus it would have been a bit of a project which is alright, don't think it would have taken to much to get on the road, but any who i got some pictures of the car, they are in pretty crappy quality but on the left hand side door there was a bit of rust along the bottom, which was the worst place, from what i saw and there wasn't much rust in the wheel arches, it would have been better to stay there longer and have been there during the day but we had to go, and from this night i have found out how much Dad dosent like datsun hahah :/

When i saw the exhaust i had abit of a giggle about it, would defiantly need a new exhaust haha

bmNSD5S.jpg?1

tfnLf6k.jpg?1

JM6zMpV.jpg?1

6YxcdWF.jpg?1

uoysUnO.jpg?1

TalfOZi.jpg?1

Cooper

When i saw the exhaust i had abit of a giggle about it, would defiantly need a new exhaust haha

JM6zMpV.jpg?1

Cooper

What the hell is that silicone hoses with jubilee clips? That's a bit ghetto indeed. How much was the guy asking and I'm guessing no RWC? That would never pass surely. It sometimes makes me wonder, what sort of individual has the motivation to go and do something like that, when doing it properly wouldn't have been that much more work?

So how come dad doesn't like Datsun's? Or does he just not like the idea of an old banger Datsun or not?

What the hell is that silicone hoses with jubilee clips? That's a bit ghetto indeed. How much was the guy asking and I'm guessing no RWC? That would never pass surely. It sometimes makes me wonder, what sort of individual has the motivation to go and do something like that, when doing it properly wouldn't have been that much more work?

So how come dad doesn't like Datsun's? Or does he just not like the idea of an old banger Datsun or not?

I think it was some really thin sheet metal wrapped around and then held on with hose clamps hahaha. He wanted $1500. Thats what i was thinking but he said he never had time to do it up and said it has been like that since he bought it. The car has been sitting like that in his shed and his wife wanted him to sell it so yeah. I think he just hates the idea of having a old datsun, but every one else thinks it would be awesome and all that stuff hahah.

Cooper