240ZG G-Nose Original and Copy Comparison

Zedman240®

• Moderators

If you need some info about the G-Nose for a zed, you will be able to find it here; pics and info so you can tell if you have a genuine part or a good copy or just a piece of useless fiberglass.

I just fit a TS kit and I didn't have any major problems fitting it; I'm no panelbeater so if the gaps are slightly out or out of alignment I probably wouldn't notice! One thing that slowed the installation was having to cut headlight and indicator holes. To fit the nose cones to the guards, I used rivstuds (oppposite to a rivnut) which leaves you with a stud like the factory headlight buckets; an M5 stud

to mount. The rest of the assembly I used rivnuts to save yourself having to get nuts behind.. You need a triple hinged arm that is 3 meters long to do it. I had it painted by someone else but didn't hear any issues when I picked up the car.

Alex the kit I saw was second hand but apparently seller said genuine 5 pce kit with metal brake ducts diverters, brackets etc..

There are no "brake ducts" on a genuine factory G-nose, and the aircon ducts in the lower panel ( which is probably what you are referring to ) were made from FRP. 

Yeah when I purchased my G-Nose I thought or assumed it would be an easy fit. But we had to make a lot and I mean a lot of mods to get it to fit perfect. I also added the added the bottom lip, some air ducts and strengthend the nose end by silicon in an alloy piece of material on the inside of the nose for strength. Just in case I hit someone. Also put a rubber lip on it to seal the gap between the G-Nose and the bonnet so no air gaps. I figured it would help at high speeds. Regargdless of the cosmetic changes it didn't just bolt on. Apparently most G-Noses made in Aus are from moulds that aren't quite to spec. But after a weeks work and all my mods it came up alright.  :D

post-260-144023710898_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023710903_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I think most copies of G-noses are made from a copy of a copy etc... and eventually you get some pretty bad fitting ones. Would love to see a genuine nose to compare!

Will post pics of mine when I get home this arvo.

Yeah when I purchased my G-Nose I thought or assumed it would be an easy fit.

Apparently most G-Noses made in Aus are from moulds that aren't quite to spec. But after a weeks work and all my mods it came up alright.  :D

Sorry, and I don't want to sound mean or anything, but your "G-Nose" doesn't look anything like the genuine factory version.

The people who made that must have been thinking of their own 'version' rather than replicating the OEM parts.....

Did you actually read the list of modifications Craig did to his G-Nose alone? This vehicle has 20 plus body mods and is in no way supposed to look, go, stop, sound "Genuine Factory"

So how is it useful comparison in a conversation that's talking about fit, finish and accuracy of a group of parts that are supposed to be related to genuine factory parts ( the "G-Nose" )?

• Moderators

Excuse the great quality phone pics...

Good score with the Wolf..one good feature that the V500 misses out on is the ECU locking function; can disable the ECu so it's impossible to hotwire and drive off with. Easy to wire up and so far for me been reliable. Circuit is made (well was) in a factory near Braeside in Melbourne.

post-801-144023710958_thumb.jpg

post-801-144023710975_thumb.jpg

post-801-144023710988_thumb.jpg

If (if) you read the top of the page it says something like Australasian Zcar Resource. Do you have anything resourceful to submit? I would say that the g-noses over here look far more similar to say A G-NOSE than a duck face. (but even at the right angle they can look like one to) *pushes timer button*

Hehehe!

Sorry, and I don't want to sound mean or anything, but your "G-Nose" doesn't look anything like the genuine factory version.

The people who made that must have been thinking of their own 'version' rather than replicating the OEM parts.....

As John had been speaking about the work required to get his top stage style to fit I think Craig was commenting about fitment of Gnoses in general and I don't recall seeing any mention of him saying his is factory. On a 40+yr old car Factory or not they all will require some tweaking, sounds like the TS kit requirs a bit more than some. 

No.

That was worth the reply  ::)

Would you be willing to give some more detail as to what differences people should look for and how to pic a factory version from replica?

Here's mine before adjustment, some jumper leads and duct tape holding it in place. Not bad considering my left rail is 12mm shorter than the right!

post-1489-144023711001_thumb.jpg

post-1489-144023711008_thumb.jpg

Not bad considering my left rail is 12mm shorter than the right!

I have no experience with G-Nose fitment - I don't even like them very much - but I very much suspect that the above is quite likely the reason for many people having issues fitting them.  I suspect that many of our cars are not quite as square as the day they were born.

MaygZ

Thanks guys,

Craig (620z) i knew what you ment so dont worry about comments.  cheers for the pics.

Garath U got yours from Japan right?i think i seen the similar one? Yours has reinforcement near number plate area?

Dimitri it aint too bad few things are bit out but not as bad as i expected. Yeah the biggest issue is the nose panel

But not being fixed explains it. Yeah i got the wolf 3d cheap plus my mate is expert in tuning them.

Didnt get rid of the 240z badge? Looking at it i think it will go through so that will need to be re fiberglassed.

If Alan can provide some pics so i can find a genuine kit be helpfull.

The one above i posted shop is 100% certain its genuine item it is 5 piece just the bar is still fixed to lower lip. But not knowing what a real one looks like i dont know.

Anyway i have a test fit on my other z on weekend. If the second hand one is genuine ill get it so ts one will be for sale.

Cheers

John, The top three pieces + bumper are arita speed, buttom piece is an old unknown second hand item from a jap import.

From what Ive found there's place doing top quality reproductions in Japan 'Marogun shokai' or something but prices are crazy high. I've seen HS30-H mention them somewhere else so perhaps he can shed some more light on them.

I thought the originals had a urethane bumper not fibreglass, also the captive style nuts that the standard valance has? But I'm not sure on this.

Thanks Garath i have a look at them. If u got link post it please.

Ok bit of giggle search some pics so Alan let me know which one is the original one.

yutakaeri-img600x450-1252393699y07ayp13968.jpg?w=630

32196d1255825856-mr-ks-selection-240z-g_nose.gif

TE_814119197.jpg

Bit more info on classicZ cars appears to be made out of FRP. Fiber reinforced plastic or as we know it fiberglass.

Looks like otomoto has good replicas closser to what i think seem to be the original mould.