Sign in to follow this  
Brodie900

Techno Toy Tuning "bolt in" front coilovers

Ok, so I spent two days in the work shop fitting my new coil overs this week and the results so far are fantastic! these are the ready made "bolt on" coilovers from techno toy tuning with 250lb spring rate and adjustable tokico shocks. The car feels fantastic on the road, handles well and doesnt feel harsh at all on bumpy country roads. I also re drilled the rear strut towers and fitted some second hand cusco coil overs from an s13.

the only modification required to fit the suspension was the tops of the old front strut tower required drilling out with a 15mm bit so the new shocks could be bolted through. Then with some parts off the old strut tower including the bearing and some well placed washers that were supplied, the complete unit could be bolted together on the car.

post-4095-144023710827_thumb.jpg

post-4095-144023710837_thumb.jpg

post-4095-144023710845_thumb.jpg

post-4095-144023710853_thumb.jpg

Cost was $953 delivered, and if I didn't need to replace the bearings and brake rotors they would have probly taken just one afternoon to install

Yes, $900 is reasonable.

I was considering getting these complete setups (for the S30) , but in the end got the Ground Control coilovers from them and will get them installed locally. 

They are really quite good with postage rates too.  They charged me $169 for postage (for 4 coilovers, front LCAs and tension rods) and the box showed it actually cost $229 when it arrived :D.

Nice just a quick question,

What height are they set up for? Delivered.

Did you have to specify desired ride height, or take base measurement for them?

Thanks Cam

dattocam i actually didn't really think about the height at all, i think they came wound all the way up and i just put them in and wound them all the way down haha!