QR Midweek Night Sprints

Jk_zeder

So QR had their first mid week night open sprints last night at Ipswich.

I went up to help a mate out in his Skyline so thought I'd give you some feedback incase you were considering doing it.

I personally didn't run as the Z doesn't even have headlights hehe

The track itself is barely lit up, they have the lights turned on but essentially they are only a street light on the track.

It was hard to see your breaking points and markers were hard to pick out.

Most of the guys said it was like driving slightly blind and corners were coming up very quick due to poor lighting.

For the same reason finding apex's were slightly difficult.

Most of the field consisted of guys in their wife's cars but overall even with poor lighting everyone seemed to enjoy the night play.

There were definitely a lot of Fast n Furious quotes getting thrown around lol

QR have said their are more lights to go in, hopefully they focus mainly on each entry and exit of the corners plus some reflective markers.

Yeah I'm going to rig up some headlights before next round which is April 17th.

Midweek sprints seem to be the way to go, I'd say I will do Lakeside during the day then trek over to QR for night.

It's also cheaper at $135 per event, so for $270 you can run two tracks in a day which is around 8x5 lap runs.

Also what do you need a hand with specifically? I'm really good at handing tools, questioning your ability's and drinking. If you need any of that hola at me  :P

Did Nev run in his white 260? I cannot see myself doing Night sprints .  My Night vision is not the best and under sprinting conditions you describe, I think it would be a bad idea for me. But the daughter and myself will be going to Lakeside on the 6th March for the mid week daylight meet . 

Yeah Nev and his brother were running. I went and said hi but don't really know the guy. I more wanted to check out his splitter.

He was running 65.5s on clubman, he should be quick but due to the night everyone was a little off their usual pace.

I'd do the 6th of March but I am doing a Norwell run with Hardtuned on the 3rd, which should be exciting.

Also what do you need a hand with specifically? I'm really good at handing tools, questioning your ability's and drinking. If you need any of that hola at me :P

Just need to get out there and finish it really which is a spare time thing. I just have to hook up fuel pump and reg, and install alternator and starter motor and she should at least run. I really should get that done on Sunday. But then before it's track ready i would like my front brake conversion done and the LSD would have to go in. Scrutineering wouldn't let a car on the track that was leaking from the drive train would they?

PM me your number and i'll give you a call next time i need motivation be good to have someone to train spot haha.

They do tend to look down on leaking drive trains. But as this is a ASAA event it will be self Scrutinising.  The day as it is will be for street reg cars .Non street cars can run, but will receive no points towards championship.

The meet will be subject to sound level restrictions as it always is at Lakeside.But d3cOy if you don't have your LSD in I wouldn't worry about it if its your first time to Lakeside. Put it in after your first meet and measure the improvement next time out.

Jake, it's a rolling start sprint, no standing starts at these type of events.

Only way you'll explode diffs will be if you decide to ride kerbs and launch off them, as wheel hits the ground, it bites and puts shock load on spider gears.

Your first time, you should not be kerb riding.

Leave that to the real racers!

Bezeds suggestion of run with an open diff, then do next meeting with a LSD will show a wide difference in lap times and driveability of car. Do not modify anything else, otherwise you wont knowwhat worked.

If you can leave black liquorice strips from the exit of one corner, to braking point of next corner, you will then have enough power!