Bright weekend - Feb. 2014

C.A.R.

• 5 months later...

Good on you Bruce.  ;)

We are going to see how the numbers stack up closer to the time.

Gordon won't be making it this Feb for the first time ever. And Lurch is a maybe depending on finances.

Johnboy is mad keen after speaking to him last weekend.

I will check interest and numbers around November. If not enough I would postpone it for 1 year and go local for 4-5 days in Feb like previous. Bright/Thredbo or somewhere. I am pretty keen for Thredbo again I must admit. Either way 100% we will be going on a long drive in the Zed in Feb 2014.

I am getting some great work done on my Zed in the next few months to ensure she is running perfect for the cruise. The tasks never finish. But continue to enhance and make agreat Zed even better.

Thos interested in doing something in Feb 2014 feel free to voice your preference on this thread.

Cheers Craig

• 4 months later...

OK I think it is time to re visit this event and start getting a location and some dates locked in. (4 day Weekend)

Firstly location. As we know Tassie is out. We will do that in 2015. So for 2014 we can either head up to Bright or if we get 4 cars minimum from Vic keen for Thredbo then let's go there. Feel free to chime in and let me know your thoughts.

Next a date. I am thinking late Feb or early March. People who are interested in doing this 4 day trip please let me know some preferred dates.

Let's try and lock this down before Christmas.

Happy motoring all.

Im golfing it from 13-17th feb in Sorento  ;D 

Prefer Thredbo...I yearn for that Belgium pub at the bottom of the lane, and the alpine hotel with the big schnitzel, the beer, the darts , beating Dale at pool, the beer, beating Johnboy at darts, the beer, 80mm of rain in 24hrs.......bring it on.

OK let's lock in 28th Feb to 3rd March. Can everyone interested make that?

Lurch we can discuss further at the Xmas BBQ this Saturday and hopefully lock down some numbers. Chris we will try and get 4 cars from Vic and if so I reckon we try for Thredbo. It's a great area. Would you have many from the ACT interested? Any NSW boys keen if we went there?

Let's take it that dates are done and we can lock in a destination in a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning gents. Well since not much response from ACT & NSW boys it has been decided we will be travelling to Bright for the 4 day weekend 28th Feb to 3rd of March.

eveyone is welcome including you interstaters. Hopefully we can lure some of you down.

Similar to last year we will arrive around 2-3 on the Friday. Dome some drives Sat & Sunday and head home Monday. Plenty of eating and drinking and hopefully one of those nights we can set up the BBQ again. Great venue for the BBQ at our accomodation. So I imagine most people will stay there again. Lurch can you put up their details? Thanks

This place is another option to stay at. We have stayed here before. It has a pool & Tennis Court and BBQ area. Great place a but a bit more pricey. But we might be able to do a deal if we all stayed there. Sharing a $200- a night room would help some with the 3 night stay. refer below address.

http://www.grevilleagardens.com/category/latest-news/featured-article/grevillea-gardens-apartments-are-now-for-individual-sale-strata-titled-for-own-use-andor-holiday-rental-income-a-great-investment/

Attendees are :-

Craig & Jodie

Lurch

John & new girlfriend (Maybe)

Wes & Maggie

Dale    (in his new improved Zed)

Bruce  (in his revamped Zed)

Chris from ACT (You better make the trip and drag a few guys down)

Now there was a number of guys at the Xmas BBQ who said they might be in. Can you please chime in and register your name if keen. You will have a ball. We can have a meeting a few weeks before hand to discuss finer datail over a beer in readyness for a great Zed weekend away.

In the mean time any questions let us know.  :D

Cheers Craig

post-260-144023737332_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023737336_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023737339_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023737341_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Still not a lot of discussion on this one. Either way I will  be booking my accommodation by the end of this week. Most likely Jodie and I will stay at Gravillia Gardens to make use of the pool after a hot days driving. Looking forward to the trip and catching up with you guys for a weekend of driving, drinking, swimming and talking all things Zed.  :D

Gents, Due to some car problems and other issues we have had a few late withdrawals. Due to reduced numbers we have decided to cancel the weekend away with a view to trying again in a month or so. We are thinking of maybe changing the format to a basic overnight trip to Mt Buller. Leave Sat morning and return via Jamieson road on the Sunday. We will keep you posted as discussions progress and hopefully we can pencil in a new date soon. Cheers Craig  :)