Sign in to follow this  
260DET

2013 Nationals, who from Q is going?

Hi BigCol i will forward this link to him and get him to contact you as he is not a forum user. Great shots and thanks giving them to the drivers.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave - Allan has been in contact.

Hi BigCol,

I have sent you a personal message.

Cheers Allan

Email sent Allan!

Got my BicgCol masterpiece printed as a poster, as a result of looking at the car's attitude in the pic and driver feeling I'm going to uprate the front springs by 50 ft/lbs.

Good stuff Richard. When you have it up on the wall take a photo and send it to me!

Got my BicgCol masterpiece printed as a poster, as a result of looking at the car's attitude in the pic and driver feeling I'm going to uprate the front springs by 50 ft/lbs.

How do you get more torque out of a spring Richard??? Unless your running torsion bars I would assume you mean lb/in for your new springs.

Be careful on how much you do go up in spring rate, and also look at the dampers, are they too soft to control the spring, or too hard for the spring, and also don't forget the front/rear balance of the spring rates in the car.

Talky springs :) Yeh, should be in/lbs. The pic sort of confirms a feeling of slightly excessive front roll, diagonal twist I call it where the outside front dips down so raising the inside rear and setting the car up for a oversteer spin. Dampers are three way adjustable so hopefully will be able to work with the new spring rate.