Sign in to follow this  
260DET

2013 Nationals, who from Q is going?

Looks like I am the official Z Car Club Q Inc rep for these Nationals, will be doing a write up of the event and so on. Would be handy to know who else from Q is going/staying at the Ramada.

Apparently some people have been scared off because of noise concerns at the circuit. As far as I know PI is no worse for cars than Lakeside is, can anyone confirm this? The other thing is with L6's induction noise can be just as big a problem as exhaust noise. A properly designed air box helps a lot, socks over the carb intakes are not the best way to go particularly considering the fire risk. With the right design an air box may gain a bit of ram effect, it certainly will be no worse for power than those daggy socks.

Anyone who does not go to the Nats for a run at PI is gay if their only reason is, oooh, I may get pinged for noise. Plenty of noise abatement options available, it's not like a Q S30 is going to break any lap records anyway. I'm going to get owned despite having a, gasp, turbo and could not care less, it's all about the experience  :)

How is the measurement done at Lakeside ?

90dB at the edge of the track...... So it doesn't take much to be too loud, but year as Richard said plenty of ways to meet noise levels without spending dollars.

easiest way to make an exhaust quiet, throw a turbo at it ;D

Probably best while you still have time, have a "plan B" in case you get pinged; make an attachment thats easily fitted so you can do it at the track. Maybe some slip on "droopies" to aim the tip at the ground or away from the mic so you get a lower reading? Just a thought.

I always carry an oversized slip-on tailpipe that can be filled with chicken wire. Only time I've had to use it is at Marulan driver training track.

PI is measured (I believe) at 30m from trackside, so this needs to be taken into consideration compared to Lakeside if that is measured at trackside.

Hopefully the weather will improve for those travelling down. I was supposed to be going up to Morgan Park (from Newcastle) this weekend, Pacific Highway is cut at Port Macquarie, so I'm still at home  :(

Surely the rain clouds will be empty by April, anyway it's beyond our control so meh. Yeh, a slip on muffled tailpipe end will help but induction noise can be significant too so airbox those carb inlets too chaps.

Not to hard to pass 300+ hp car with 3 in exhaust with no air box,  pass every time we go down there  its not a good reason not to go to the best track in aus and race with all the zeds  8)

So, seems to be an underlying message here.

Looks like 260det is the only Qlder going!

Probably all too close to some other really important local Qld event.

Noise. Isnt an issue or an excuse, as pretty well all Qld cars have run at Lakeside, and that circuit is much harsher on nouse emmission.

CAMS entry form to be in by 11 March, don't miss this blokes. Note that you have to nominate for the slow, medium or fast group and estimate an expected PI lap time, hmmmm. At the moment no clue, how many in each group and what's a reasonable time for a visitor with a car faster than his talent?

Starting to get excited :D Apparently the Ramada still has vacancies and is offering a discount for us Datnat blokes. Handy, that is were the welcoming Friday evening BBQ is being held too. Have not driven the Z in anger for six months so PI should get the circulation going, looking forward to shifting into fifth gear and seeing the scenary roll by :)

Oh, and I have to mention at the Sunday evening do that our Z Car Club Q Inc plans to hold the 2015 Datnats at Warwick, centered at the Morgan Park circuit. All we have to do now is decide to use the kickarse H circuit which you southerners would love, bloody fast, like Lakeside without the lurking armco.

No it's every two years Simon.

You must come up for it!

Richard, you'll only be in fifth gear for about  12 seconds out of the approx 120 seconds per lap.

No doubt the ZCCQ will be trying to get approval for the H track, for some readon, CAMS dont like it being used, due to the higher terminal speed into new extension, so they generally turn right into the old esses..

Hi All, Morgan Park has been booked for 2015, and the Campbells are going to try and help us (ZCCQ), as QPDC and SAU qld don't look like they will be on board but hopefully that will change.

Which tracks to be used it way to early to say, currently we look like having a 2 day event with friday practice, there are a few possibilities we are looking at maybe a 2 day sprint event, or a 1 day sprint event and a 1 day team regularity relay,  there are a few members of ZCCQ who are very keen to organise the relay so hopefully it might happen and certainly something diffrent for a NDN and hoping to get the 1/8 mile drag strip for the Saturday night.

It is over 2 years away so lots of planning and prep to do. More information will of course be posted in the coming months years. Lets not detract from NDN13, we have time for discussion in the coming months/years

In the mean time to all those travelling to PI have a safe and enjoyable time! Best wishes to NDSOC for the smooth running and success for NDN13 thanks for all of your efforts.

Cheers

Dave PreZ ZCCQ

Hi All, Morgan Park has been booked for 2015, and the Campbells are going to try and help us (ZCCQ), as QPDC and SAU qld don't look like they will be on board but hopefully that will change.

I wonder why Dave... ::)

A bit of incar PI sprints video, camera kept stopping so this is about it 

:o

Fvck I hope that was a warm up lap, Dickie!

Oh jebus Locky, dont start him, re MP in 2015 !

The other clubs would get involved and assist but they also want a say, and a share of the spoils!

The way NDSOC run their events is admirable.

It'd be great to even come close to replicating that!

Oh and Richo, Natsoft had your fadtest at 2.04, surely that cant ge right, and apI being the best fifth gear circuit in the country, crikey, even a atmo old plain standard Z does 1.54's

We'll have to drag you down there again for a six hour event!

Green flag = end of first lap  :)

Actually for a Nationals I support the use of Morgan Park. The main problem I have is the use of the comfort zone circuits with the suburban street type corners and not the real race circuits where speed is involved. My understanding is that most of the visitors would prefer the faster options too.