Toowoomba Sausage Run

peter t

Hi,

Anyone interested in a run to Toowoomba on the 2nd June. This is the day of the Outback Sausage Competition which I am involved in. Would be a good drive and a chance to taste some great snags from local and western butchers. We would have to get away early but also leave around lunch time to travel home. We could also do some sight seeing and meet up with some Toowoomba members. What do you think? 8)

Hey Peter, that's quite a ways away but I'm interested :)

Do you mean Toowoomba  or the date Shaun. Have to get in early so people can plan to come or not. We can go up the old way through Grantham for a nice slow drive. Be good to give the Z a decent run.  8)

The Sausage King comp is being held at the Picnic Point Cafe and Restaurant so will be a good day to show off our cars and enjoy some of the best sausages around. There is no cost to attend or for the free sausages. I will let AMIC know we are attending and may just give all cars a bit of advertising to display for my company if no one minds. Will only be A4 laminate. Will be early start [6am] from Bris and travel back or up for that matter can be at your discretion. 8)

• 2 months later...

Keep this date free on your calendar.. Not long to go for a great drive, not to mention all the free snags from the best butchers west of the great divide. ;)

Also coming up is the RACQ Motorfest in June. ;D

Hi Aub, does 8am sound better and be on the road by 8:30.  We could meet up some where around Redbank or there is a rather large truck / car layby on the highway at Dinmore just after the Ipswich / Toowoomba turn off. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

OK this is how I see it happening.

Hook out the Ipswich Motorway and take the Toowoomba/Esk exit {LEFT LANE}  and after a K or so there is transport dept temporary weighbridge area that has heaps of room for stopping. I will be there from 7..45AM.

Depart at 8.30 sharp and proceed along Darren Lockyer Way {Warrego Highway} and take the old way through Gatton and stop at Withcott just below the Range for a rest before proceeding up the range to the Picnic Point Café & Restaurant 164 Tourist Road, Rangeville. [Toowoomba]

Enjoy some great snags from Western Qld best Butchers, look around, relax or go for a drive before returning home at your own discretion or travel back as a group. Just make sure brakes are in good order for the down hill run.

PM me if you are coming and I will send back Mobile No in case you are late and we can let you catch up.

All come at your own risk as my car is fully reg and insured. I will not be liable for any costs that you may incur along the way but the snags are free.

ZCCQ are welcome to come along for the ride. Do what you have to do to attend but all are welcome. I am going anyway in the Z. Good time to meet some Toowoomba Z people as well.

Cheers. 8)

That makes five. I am in Rocky ATM and the Capricorn Region Comp was on Sunday. I was a judge for the Pork sausage section and the Gourmet. 58 entries in the gourmet and I hope the cheese and kisses doesn't have snags for dinner when I get home Thursday night. There are always some really good ones and some you just have spit out. Apart from that it is going to be a great drive in the Z cars. 8)

Hi, if for some reason you are late getting to the take off point or the transport guys are using this spot on Sunday 2nd June, call me on O four one two 2 three 6 five 9 9 and We will wait further along the highway. The cheese and kisses will answer as I don't have hands free in the Z. There are plenty of places along the highway to stop and wait. Will be a great day out. If you like your snags on bread with sauce you will have to bring own but the snags are free. If you would like to be a judge in the comp let me know and I can advise AMIC . I must warn you though if you are are a judge you will not want to eat sausages for a while. LOL.

A quick tip for those heading up to Toowoomba, the highway is a nightmare with all the delays and road works. The guys at LVRC where I am wiorking that do the Toowoomba Gatton commute now use Flagstone Creek Road to bypass the highway, And it looks to be a great drive up the hill to boot.

A quick tip for those heading up to Toowoomba, the highway is a nightmare with all the delays and road works. The guys at LVRC where I am wiorking that do the Toowoomba Gatton commute now use Flagstone Creek Road to bypass the highway, And it looks to be a great drive up the hill to boot.

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard the range road is not good. Looks like we have a good drive coming up. Are you coming in the hairdresser car?