FS: Complete L28 package, triples, 5-speed, exhaust

I'm looking to sell all this stuff that I won't need due to an RB conversion. I was going to hang onto it for possible future use, but it looks like I'm moving house and don't want to cart it around.

The engine is an F54/N42 L28 that originally came from zzzzed, was installed in Benny's car, which I bought. It's still all currently in the car, but I'll be taking it out shortly.

The DHLA40s have been dismantled, cleaned, and re-assembled with new gaskets etc. The engine runs (

), but the triples need to be balanced and fine-tuned. I've got a selection of jets that will be included, as well as a synchrometer, and Des Hammill's book.

The gearbox is an early close ratio 71A box (the flange type), and I'll include the matching tailshaft (for a 2 seater). I haven't separated the engine and box yet, but I believe it has a brand new exedy heavy duty clutch (Benny could confirm that, otherwise I'll look when I remove it from the car).

Also included are the headers and 2 1/4 inch exhaust system. Basically everything that isn't needed with the RB conversion.

I don't want to separate at this stage, and would prefer not to have to ship it. Any interest at around $2000 for the lot?

I'll add more photos when I take it out, hopefully this week...

edit: There are a couple of things to note regarding this setup, and I don't want to be seen to be hiding anything:

- When I bought them, two of the carbs had damage to one of the legs that hold the float fulcrum pin in place. They had been repaired with metal epoxy, but I wasn't happy with the quality of the job (looked quick and nasty to me), so i re-did it. I was happy with the new repair, and was going to run the carbs in my car as is. I used Selleys KneadIt Steel, which is fuel resistant and good up to 120-140 degrees. If you're picky, you might want to track down a couple of new top covers (about $80 each from the UK last I checked, and probably available elsewhere).

- One of the pump jet circuits on one of the carbs doesn't have the correct ball bearing - I made up a quick replacement using the aforementioned steel epoxy (hey, don't shoot me, it's what I had on hand!), but it's not perfect. I have a couple of new ones from Lotus Marques in Victoria, but I can't remember where I put them. I'll keep looking, but they're only about $2 each for new ones.

- Finally, I think there is a minor oil leak from the motor, maybe the rear main seal. I haven't investigated, but have noticed a few drops on the ground, and a bit of oil near the sump drain plug. Might be a good idea to check the rear main seal? That's what I was going to do.

post-1454-144023712457_thumb.jpg

post-1454-144023712464_thumb.jpg

post-1454-14402371247_thumb.jpg

Can confirm that it is a brand new(as in never driven) exedy hd(pink) purchased from an ABS store. Motor has good compression numbers aswell and seemed to be a tight L28. good value for money this kit!! Are you going rb20?

Thanks benny. I thought that was the case, but it's good to have confirmation.

I've had quite a bit of interest already (obviously should've priced it higher :P), I'll respond the the PMs in the order I received them, although local pick up takes priority.

I also need to add some more information to the original post regarding a few things that might need to be looked at, so please see read the edits in the original post.

Peter - no, sorry, I've already got the rb25 ready to go. Otherwise I might've considered it.