MY 240 RB Build - almost complete!

dat240z

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First drive after a two year body/panel slog and almost 4 years since commencement......A special day:)...  Cannot decide between fenders or sutble door mirrors though........

Also got the carbon BRE spook which I adore. Other new items include headlights (+ harness ugrade), new wipers, indicators+lenses. Ill post a few more once its clean and detail the progress work undertaken...

post-3750-144023797948_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looking awesome mate ! Good job, Dont believe there's many green ones like that in Aus either. Without seeing them i say the carbon door mirrors something a bit different to fender mirrors. Do you plan on putting badges on it or are you going for the shaved / clean look?

Thanks mate. I bought some carbon rectangular mirrors like what Stivs 260z's running, very small and subtle. But I really do adore the fender mirror look too ... I'm confused!!

I doubt there'd be many either in this shade. Definitely not one for the purists though!! I was thinking the factory lime green but just love this radioactive green. Makes it look quite modern, especially with the smoothed arse - a lot of people - mainly girls think it's a brand new car!!

I may get a subtle fairlady z badge for the lower front guard but feel a little sacrilegious drilling into fresh paint and I don't mind the clean look....

Yeah i think those carbon mirrors would look great, very modern touch. Along with some fairlady z badges and this would be one very nice Z (already is). Dont let the purist worry you they should just be happy another one has been saved and getting driven, besides its only a paint job and is easy to change if you wanted to go back to a period correct color one day. Now just drive the nuts off it and enjoy it!

Thanks for the kind word fellas...

I took the pics off my iPhone and that's the only pic size I can upload without hitting the max allowed. I'll get some up on photo bucket soon George..

Kato- I bought a set from MSA when I ordered the carbon bre spook lip. Off memory it was about $250 but the problem with that set was it only included the taillight garnishes, not the H shaped centre panel which is mostly covered by the number plate anyway. I did stumble across a complete 3 piece set a guy from Canberra was selling after offloading all his z gear. They are identicle and fit well to factory metal garnishes (screws up top at the slam panel and clip in at the bottom through the factory tabs). I used a little black silicone to be double sure in the clip area. The H centre screws in and is fixed with number plate screws. I've been very impressed with all the carbon gear I've got. Looks mint.