• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 zed24t

zed24t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

****If you have ANY questions please contact me on my mobile rather than leaving any comments as I do not have regular access to check and reply to messages left*** Thanks in advance.

Up for sale is an example of a beautifully restored classic Datsun 240Z chassis # HS30101028
The car was an Australian delivered car and is located in Sydney Australia and is therefore a right hand drive ideal for Commonwealth countries. The vehicle was originally white with red interior and I have customised it to a PPG liberty Blue with custom interior. I purchased the vehicle and have owned it since April 2001.
You will be hard pressed to find a 240Z like this anywhere. It has been through a labour of love ground up transformation taking just over 6 yrs. There has been no expense spared, with all receipts available, as the car has had the finest tradesmen work their craft. The body and panel work saw the replacement of the tailgate, new bonnet, floors, radiator support, beaver panel, dog legs and doors. The car was completely bead blasted with all the hanging parts acid dipped. All undercarriage parts are powder coated. Body and paint alone cost in excess of $18K. Every nut and bolt is new.
A superb, best you will find one off creation. The vehicle has only 2,474 miles as only completed in Jan '07-still running in.
All the mechanicals and running gear have been rebuilt and fitted with new parts by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport (www.swmotorsport.com.au) The vehicle has it’s  original engine which was rebuilt to ensure matching number authenticity and is all chromed with a stroked 2.755 litre cubic capacity motor and triple 45mm side draught webbers. It also has hardened stainless steel valves to allow it to run on premium unleaded fuel. The gearbox is also rebuilt comprising of the original 5 speed gearbox. It has a limited slip differential fitted.
To allow the engine lungs it comes complete with a 2.1/4 stainless exhaust with ceramic coated extractors. All wheel disk brakes (twin ventilated with twin piston which will bring it to a stop on a thumb tack). 
Interior comprises of a half roll cage, full leather custom Recaros with racing harnesses ideal for mini competition or everyday drive. Includes an alpine music system and 9inch speakers and fuel cut off system / immobiliser for security.
I built this car with the intention for it to be a show car  though it has “Never” been shown. If you reside in NSW the plates will come with the car (ZED-24T). The car is currently unregistered and I can have it registered for the new buyer. As mentioned I have all the receipts totalling in excess of $75K. This is a VERY, Very rare car therefore you it will not disappoint. Asking price will be negotiated around the $65K mark.
“FOR SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY” please feel free to contact John for more information or to inspect the vehicle…...but no time wasters please. Call on Ph: 0406 383 086 The car is located in Kellyville NSW and I am happy to help with interstate inquiries.
For over 300 photos of the rebuild go to the following link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zed24t/

Attached Thumbnails

• 33947_9e2340b2928ae3b1946079a8d379524899c81438.jpg
  • 33945_903ff74f62aa0bf0ba518c72a5c568ce4b285dd6.jpg
  • 33943_3b00c259007e4fb5209a520230d6827fbabaf367.jpg

#2 zed24t

zed24t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Gentlemen,
I welcome the comments and wanted to initially post my car on the Vic Z site to attract a “Z” collector/enthusiast knowing they would have the same passion for a Z that I do.  The cost of the vehicle has attracted more interest than the actual vehicle....fair enough. The car has been restored professionally and all I did was to project manage the process and due to this the costs are undoubtedly higher. The cliché is right in that “You get what you pay for” well certainly in this case.
I agree that just because I spent over $75K does not mean I should get that back, however I agree with one of the posts in that what would a $10K Z cost to restore to the condition of this vehicle? Well that’s the million dollar question....the variables are huge (Motor configuration, Running gear set up, Paint, interior combination and most importantly sourcing genuine PARTS not copies ).
FAQ’s:
1. Can you buy a Z for $10,000 ?  Yes ....... but it is not this one.
2. Should I have built an XW or XY? (For those who know me I have a varied love of 1960’s - 70’s  cars that were available in Australia and I have over the past 6 years already restored nine  1966-1970 Ford XR, XT,XW , two other Z’s and previoulsy some other cars. Each car has it's own beauty and the Z is no exception hence why I decided to build this one.
3. The car is currently insured with Shannons for $60K (Yes I have the receipt).
4. Why am I selling? I have sold all my cars and have 2 left, this one and an old XW (not restored) currently on ebay. The main reason is that I am pursuing other business interests and like most people time is a factor otherwise the Z would NOT be sold.
Finally, if you have questions feel free to give me a call and I am happy to share more information with you. Further if you wish to call SW Motorsport, Stewart Wilkins can discuss the effort gone into this vehicle and the fact that this was built with perfection in mind.
Thanks again.

#3 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

If anyone has any questions about  this Zed, please just send the seller a PM; was getting a touch ridiculous. Thread has been locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users