10-inch problem...

wildy55

Hi all

Looking at getting an enlargement...for the car!

Have looked through previous threads but can't find the answer to wether a set of four 16 x 10 (0 offset) will fit (and look right) on my 240z with flares and coilovers (running standard brakes). What are 10'' like on the front of a road car? If they did fit, what would be a good size of tyre for them?

Who knows?

Cheers

Given coil-overs, you're probably best to measure the back spacing on your car and work it out as no 2 cars will be the same. You'll need 5" of space between the plane that runs along the face of the hub to the coil-over. Then also 5" out from there to fit under the flares. They would have to be some pretty amazing flares to fit.

You also need to ask the question of why - 10" is bigger than useful on a zed. 8" is about all the tyre such a light weight car can actually use.

As for looks - also subjective. personally I think it'll look terrible, but then you're not me either.

Quick google found this: "With coil-overs a 10" wide wheel could use a -13mm offset."

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/5134648974_17dd1ee73e_o.jpg

Another thing to consider will be clearance to the frame rail - go to wide and you'll run out of turning circle pretty quick

That white Z has negative -26 so if effectively sits 20mm further out than a 10 inch +0 offset .

0 offset will not work with a 10 inch wheel. You would need -15 or lower so it doesnt hit the strut or frame. Im running 17x9.5 -19 up front and that JUST clears the frame. Then there is the valance/airdam to worry about aswell as the strut rod.

Wait for Saxon to chime in i think he is running 16x10 but very low offset.

In the meantime have a look this website its a offset calculator..

www.willtheyfit.com

I knew having too much time on my hands would lead to silly thoughts...

Saw a cheap set of wheels on the local gumtree and got all giddy.

Have managed to have a word with myself and have put the credit card away.

Thanks for the nudge, fellas...

I'm running 16x10.5 on the rear with -32 offset. They have no issues with clearance inside but stick out a bit too much. I think around -25 would be good. The 9 and 9.5 rotas most people get fit well in terms of offset, I think the 9.5 is -16 so you'd need at least -16 on a 10".