Mobile friendly

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,399 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Unfortunately I'm not sure where the iPad saves images to so I'm not much help, all my devices are Android based I'm afraid.

However there should be a specific directory from which you can upload photos.

#22 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Unfortunately I'm not sure where the iPad saves images to so I'm not much help, all my devices are Android based I'm afraid.

However there should be a specific directory from which you can upload photos.

The ipad doesn't use a file system like everything else, each app 'owns' it's own content, and doesn't really share. It's a PITA.  Search 'adding attachment to ipad email' to find out more about that one.  There are so many limitations to this stupid thing, but unfortunately I'm required to have it for trade school (started a mature age apprenticeship).  In many ways my 4 year old Android phone is more functional...

As far as adding attachments on the forum, I just tap 'Attachments and other options', then it should come up about 3 lines of text below that with a button that says 'Choose file'. Hitting that comes up with a speech bubble thing that gives you the option to either 'take photo or video' or to 'choose existing'.

However, I'm on an iPad air with the latest version of ios7 - they may have added this feature in, I haven't tried on an earlier iPad...

Attached Thumbnails

• 38560_e06e549b5c24edf7f021dff31c250651c53219a7.jpg

#23 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

The ipad doesn't use a file system like everything else, each app 'owns' it's own content, and doesn't really share. It's a PITA.  Search 'adding attachment to ipad email' to find out more about that one.  There are so many limitations to this stupid thing, but unfortunately I'm required to have it for trade school (started a mature age apprenticeship).  In many ways my 4 year old Android phone is more functional...

As far as adding attachments on the forum, I just tap 'Attachments and other options', then it should come up about 3 lines of text below that with a button that says 'Choose file'. Hitting that comes up with a speech bubble thing that gives you the option to either 'take photo or video' or to 'choose existing'.

However, I'm on an iPad air with the latest version of ios7 - they may have added this feature in, I haven't tried on an earlier iPad...

This is also on iPad 3 with IOS 7, the images may need resizing though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users