71 replies to this topic

#41 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Hey guys, firstly sorry for the delays but I have been having problems with my internet for about the last month, secondly I recieved back an email from Meridian Motorsports and they can do no where near the price of the JSK list price.

As for the billet dyna pro calipers I will have to get some pricing on them first.

Now can I please have a list of those of you still interested, just copy the list, add your name and paste it in your reply post, thanks and again apologies for the delays.

LIST

XRQTR - Stef

#42 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hey guys, firstly sorry for the delays but I have been having problems with my internet for about the last month, secondly I recieved back an email from Meridian Motorsports and they can do no where near the price of the JSK list price.

As for the billet dyna pro calipers I will have to get some pricing on them first.

Now can I please have a list of those of you still interested, just copy the list, add your name and paste it in your reply post, thanks and again apologies for the delays.

LIST

XRQTR - Stef

XRQTR - Stef
Charlie Boy

#43 V8Datto

V8Datto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

XRQTR - Stef
Charlie Boy
V8Datto

#44 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

XRQTR - Stef
Charlie Boy
V8Datto
Zedevan

#45 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

Also I should have said that if anyone is a member of any interstate Z clubs could they start a thread their also to see if we can get some more interested parties to increase the group number.

That list again so far, add yourself if you're interested

XRQTR - Stef
Charlie Boy
V8Datto
Zedevan

Thanks again
Stef

#46 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

Guys I don't know whats going on with these people, I have sent them 2 emails in the past couple of weeks and not had a response to either of them. I personally am getting a bit tired of non responsive companies that come across all smiles to start and then go quiet as the time gets closer.

I'm thinking maybe give them a little more time but if nothing comes of it then maybe go for the 4 pot nissan R32/33 brakes and get some brackets made up locally, the cost wouldn't be too much different and the spare parts would be a bit more easily accessibe.

Anyway that's my feelings at the moment, just wondering what everyone else is thinking.

Cheers
Stef

#47 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

LOL I think Juan at JSK must read these forums LOL, I got a response this morning:

Stef. I'm moving onto your request.

I'm going to have a 3d image of the caliper brackets done as well provide a quote on the job.

I will do my best to place the spot caliper bracket in an area that is ideal for cable hookup and not interfere with our current design.  Right now I cannot provide the little tedious hardware for cable hook up. I'm hoping those who are interested there can help each other out with cable connection as I'm in a time constraint.

So we will start with the basics and go from there. I will get back to you asap

Thanks again - Juan

So yeah this is where it stands at the moment I guess, I know I'm not in a great rush but in saying that I don't want to be waiting forever, I dare say they have alot on right now so we'll see how it all goes I guess.

#48 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

i'm not in a rush, as long as there ends up being an option for 12"+ vented rotors with decent calipers for hopefully less than 2g all up withing a year that can be engineered i'm happy.

keep up the good work

#49 V8Datto

V8Datto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:55 PM

Yeah I'm not bothered to wait a bit, get the part's right the first time rather than rush it and have to modify them or something.

Thanks, keep us posted

#50 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:48 PM

No big rush for me either but in the next 6 months would be nice.

C

#51 V8Datto

V8Datto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

Do we have any updates on this yet? progress?

#52 mossy

mossy

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

Any updates, I need some brakes!

#53 mossy

mossy

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

I just came across this site, what do you think?

http://silverminemot...sc?categoryId=2

#54 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

I need brakes in the next month or two! I assume that it’s the rear set up that’s the problem as we need to retain the hand brake for road worthy. Also I don’t think I could drive in traffic with out a hand brake so it’s an absolute must for me. Could we just go for the fronts on the group buy and then fit the usual Nissan S13 caliper, maxima bracket and 280Z disks for the rear?

Mossy you can piece together the same kit in Australia if you have time but they won’t be up to the same braking standard as the Willwoods.

C

#55 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

Just been in touch with them again recently (the last few days), how many of you are ready to buy now??

As for the rears he is looking to make a new handbrake set up that will utilise the factory cable, so maybe get this once it's done to complete the package.

#56 mossy

mossy

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

I'm ready to buy now the only thing I'm concerned about is I'm buying Watanabes and I've heard the caliper will hit the back of the rim.

#57 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Where did you hear that??

Anyway, buy the Rota RB (watanabe copy) wheels you'll save yourself about $1500 that way, they are ready to go into production just place your order for color.

#58 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

Mossy what size and offset are you going for? I think if you go for the Type R then you might struggle if your going for Type 8 then there shold be loads of room.

XRQTR

Did you find out if the Dyna Pro Willwoods with the dust seals fit the JSK kit and any Ideas what the total cost would be? Also Juan's had five months to come up with the hand brake function so do you think he ever will?

C

#59 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:25 AM

i'm ready, but am interested in knowing the same things charlie has just asked about lol

"Did you find out if the Dyna Pro Willwoods with the dust seals fit the JSK kit and any Ideas what the total cost would be? Also Juan's had five months to come up with the hand brake function so do you think he ever will?"

#60 mossy

mossy

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

Where did you hear that??

Anyway, buy the Rota RB (watanabe copy) wheels you'll save yourself about $1500 that way, they are ready to go into production just place your order for color.

I think it was over on hybridz.

Mossy what size and offset are you going for? I think if you go for the Type R then you might struggle if your going for Type 8 then there shold be loads of room.

XRQTR

Did you find out if the Dyna Pro Willwoods with the dust seals fit the JSK kit and any Ideas what the total cost would be? Also Juan's had five months to come up with the hand brake function so do you think he ever will?

C

I'm going for the type r in 16x9 -13 and 16x9.5 -19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users