Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

Doesn't look like it.

After speaking with Stef, I've (personally) decided not to go ahead with this kit.
I can purchase the Calipers, Hats & Rotors cheaply enough here & make/machine the hats & caliper brackets to suit my desired setup/application myself.

#22 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:32 PM

I sent him an email last week regarding the park brake caliper bracket but am still to get a response, like I said as soon as I know you guys will know.

Alternatively Lurch might be kind enough to machine us all up some brackets, what do you say big fella??  ;D

#23 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

I'm still up for whatever as long as it has mechanical rear brakes so i have no issues later on with rwc's etc

and i have the money sitting here for whatever works out best $$ wise, be that parts locally machined or flown in with parts bought locally, so even if its just saving money on postage count me in

I would of thought for JSK the rear park brake wouldn't have been that hard since they already know the offset of the rotor from their existing braket...

#24 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

Guys, I suggest you organize this yourself as it looks doubtful a group by will happen.
(& I'm not interested in in organizing anything either).

#25 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:08 AM

Ye look I'm still waiting on a response from this guy, so it's up to you guys what you want to do, I'm not in any rush so it's easy for me I guess, I will however shoot off another email before the end of the week.

#26 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:00 AM

News just to hand................ he will make the rear single spot hand brake caliper brackets as well, total cost for the adaptor kits, both front and rear ( not including rotors and calipers ) with the discount will be $638.40 plus $38 shipping fee.

As for the calipers and brackets Lurch has already looked into these here in Oz and has a good lead on the remaining parts which aren't very expensive.

Who's in still so we can start to organize it all??

For those of you that haven't seen them here are some pics
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Stef,
I don't have a contact for making anything (ie caliper brackets for the front).
I suggest whoever purchases a kit to either buy the front brackets from JSK or make them yourselves.

Wilwood Rotors & Calipers are available from places like Meridian Motorsport:
http://www.mmsport.c..._Components.php

#28 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

count me in for both front and rear brackets :D is that shipping fee including the one to my door? or where abouts are you located?

just wondering which hubs are needed for them also, as some of the stuff on hybridz iv'e read says u need 280z hubs, which would mean late 260z hubs? or its all the same? and which brake master cylinder is recommended?

with the calipers i have a hard time trying to work out what all the differences are that i care about with the different types wilwood have, specially since they post up left and right versions...

i think there should be a set cut off date for the group buy for in a months time or sooner. pm me where you want any money deposited

#29 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

I'm keen.  I'll see if I can get some quotes on what the discs and callipers will cost me over the next few days.  If they're not too expensive then I'll go ahead with it for sure.  Also interested in Zedevan's question about the front hubs?

#30 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:05 AM

The list so far:

XRQTR
Zedevan
Scando
eddii
MyZisslow

I only put the names that have shown interest to this point, if you have changed your mind and will not be participating in the group buy could you please let me know either by posting or pm'ing me, thanks.

I will get onto Meridian sometime today or tomorrow to get pricing on the calipers and rotors.

#31 V8Datto

V8Datto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

I'm interested in this group buy, can you PM me the final price once you get it,

#32 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

Did a fair bit of research yesterday and the callipers in this kit are no bigger than what I'm already running on the front.  I can't justify spending that sort of money just to upgrade my rears so I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of the group buy.  I hope this doesn't stuff it up for the rest of you, sorry.

#33 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:29 PM

exchange rate is awesome atm...lets get this thing happening :D mayb a for sale add on ozdat would help get some wider interest?

is that price in AU$ or US$? i assumed AU?

#34 V8Datto

V8Datto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:51 PM

The list so far:

XRQTR
Zedevan
eddii
MyZisslow
V8Datto

This Brake Group buy is too good to pass up on, I hope you guy's get the numbers for the go-ahead

#35 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hi I could be intrested in this as I'm building up a track car at the moment. Any ideas as to the cost of the calipers and discs in Aus?

C

#36 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Guys sorry that I've taken some time, anyway I have spoken to Daniel at Meridian Motorsports and after chatting to him I think we may need to change things a little, he advised me that the Wilwoods do not have dust seals. This being the case they need to be rebuilt at each pad change but more importantly they will not pas ADR if you choose to go down that path.

I have given him the part numbers of the calipers and rotors that we need and he is going to cross reference them to see what else we could use, possibly with the bracket kit. He suggested the Outlaw calipers which are actually cheaper but are equipped with dust seals so are lower maintanance, however if your intention is purely for race then the Wilwoods will be fine as otherwise you will melt the seals.

Again I apologise for the delay, but want you to know that I am trying to do the right thing by everyone by getting as much info and facts as I can before we throw any money away.

Cheers
Stef

#37 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

so no wilwoods have dust seals? that blows.

thanks for researching this

#38 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

hi stef can you pm the final price hadnt seen thread till today sounds like a good deal so let me know once you have a total price

as for adr your gonna find it damn hard to meet adr with any modification last time i had my rally car inspected by overly strict inspector was told car needed std seat belts in place to meet adr even though i had 4 pt harness fitted even told me needed to fit std radiator shroud also basically anything not fitted as per factory wont meet adr

mick

#39 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:19 AM

Thought I read some where on Hybrid Z that Willwood do make some calipers with dust seals. I'll see if I can find the posts.

C

#40 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Looks like Willwood Billet DynaPro calipers come with dust seals :)

http://www.wilwood.c...4-DRM/index.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users