JSK/Wilwood 4 pot 2 piece disk group buy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I need brakes in the next month or two! I assume that it’s the rear set up that’s the problem as we need to retain the hand brake for road worthy. Also I don’t think I could drive in traffic with out a hand brake so it’s an absolute must for me. Could we just go for the fronts on the group buy and then fit the usual Nissan S13 caliper, maxima bracket and 280Z disks for the rear?

Mossy you can piece together the same kit in Australia if you have time but they won’t be up to the same braking standard as the Willwoods.

C

Just been in touch with them again recently (the last few days), how many of you are ready to buy now??

As for the rears he is looking to make a new handbrake set up that will utilise the factory cable, so maybe get this once it's done to complete the package.

Where did you hear that??

Anyway, buy the Rota RB (watanabe copy) wheels you'll save yourself about $1500 that way, they are ready to go into production just place your order for color.

Mossy what size and offset are you going for? I think if you go for the Type R then you might struggle if your going for Type 8 then there shold be loads of room.

XRQTR

Did you find out if the Dyna Pro Willwoods with the dust seals fit the JSK kit and any Ideas what the total cost would be? Also Juan's had five months to come up with the hand brake function so do you think he ever will?

C

i'm ready, but am interested in knowing the same things charlie has just asked about lol

"Did you find out if the Dyna Pro Willwoods with the dust seals fit the JSK kit and any Ideas what the total cost would be? Also Juan's had five months to come up with the hand brake function so do you think he ever will?"

Where did you hear that??

Anyway, buy the Rota RB (watanabe copy) wheels you'll save yourself about $1500 that way, they are ready to go into production just place your order for color.

I think it was over on hybridz.

Mossy what size and offset are you going for? I think if you go for the Type R then you might struggle if your going for Type 8 then there shold be loads of room.

XRQTR

Did you find out if the Dyna Pro Willwoods with the dust seals fit the JSK kit and any Ideas what the total cost would be? Also Juan's had five months to come up with the hand brake function so do you think he ever will?

C

I'm going for the type r in 16x9 -13 and 16x9.5 -19

Mossy the Rota copies will be a 17x9 and 17x9.5 in the same offsets, I have asked about the watanabes though, but I know the Rota wheels pass the wilwood calipers.

Ok who is in, once we have all interested parties he will place a shopping cart on the forums and everyone can order through their with paypal.

We need 10 people in order to get the discount which with the current calipers is about Au$910 shipped, this includes calipers, rotors and adaptor kits, if we can't get the 10 people then we are looking at approximately Au$1035 with shipping

Do we have 10 people?? I will wait till the end of this week, that should be more than enough time for people to decide whether or not it's what they want and if there finances can handle it.

Place your name on the list, if it hits 10 before the end of the week then I will get him to put the cart on sooner

LIST

Stef

the blue 240zhoke car with wats in america has wilwoods on it, i remember reading something about him using a 10mm spacer or around that to clear the brakes on the front? i'm not sure if its the same calipers though.

so is that the price for just the front? which calipers is it using? do they have dust seals? as i need them to pass ADR's so i can get my car engineered using them...can you paste a link to a picture of whats included in this thread?

thanks -evan

The other option is to get the adaptor kits for now and then order your calipers and rotors when you have the time and/or money if it is more of a financial constraint at the present.

The kit only without rotors and calipers will be around $320 approximately shipped to your door and I think this will be the easiest way, there are a couple of suppliers in the US for the rest of the parts that are extremely cheap in comparison to Australian suppliers.

If this is acceptable to all involved then he can set up a buy now paypal window on the site to make it easoer to order and pay for them.

add your names

LIST

Stef

For anyone that needs to know about the calipers and what wheels they won't fit/take then get yourselves over to HybridZ, they have quite a few people on their that use the JSK kits which is what these are so just put that into there search and you should get your answers.

Well I've asked him for a cross reference to the Dynapro caliper but haven't got anything back, I am going to buy the adaptor kit for now and then get onto the suppliers in the US to cross reference the calipers.

It seems like no one is left from all of those that put there hands up in the beginning so I am no longer organizing anything through here, if you would like to get anything then you can do so yourselves by contacting the guy direct jskmachining@yahoo.com his name is Juan.

This has gone on long enough. It's an embarrassment.

If nothing is finalized but the end of the week (thats 5 working days) this thread WILL be locked.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

yeah doesn't really look like its happening huh? pity the rear parking brake and dust seals never got fully resolved, but those corvette brakes look mighty fine :D can't wait to finish uni and have free time/money again...

thanks for trying to organise it all anyway stef

Lurch close it now if you like, I have given people deadlines more than enough times.

Zed thanks bud but ye @#it happens.

There is a guy in Adelaide that sells them on ebay with a starting price of $995 heres the link, happy shopping

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-240Z-260Z-Wilwood-front-brake-upgrade_W0QQitemZ140225706467QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem