240z 260z CF door cards

Sirpent

Simon

Doors are all the same stampings, only difference is the arm rest / pull handle mount points between a 240 and 260 otherwise, no difference in the physical metal stamping.

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

Simon

Doors are all the same stampings, only difference is the arm rest / pull handle mount points between a 240 and 260 otherwise, no difference in the physical metal stamping.

Cheers

John

The cardboard door cards while being similar across the years do differ. From what I can tell, these come without the holes drilled, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

The top metal stamping that wraps around the top of the door, and holds the window felt is also different. At some point the door lock pull was moved forward in the later years, that makes them difficult to swap to a different year door panel. I realize that you need to supply your own for these door cards, but just so that some people don't buy the wrong door panel as a donor for the top metal piece.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have tried communicating with the member who is producing these on HybridZ a few times, but with little success.

Take a look at the folloing thred where you will find my post.

I also have his email address and have had limited success communicating that way also.

I think the best way of showing that us boys down under are interested and serious about doing a group purchase would be for all of you who are interested and are members on Hybrid to post on the following thread where you will find my posts and hopefully this will buy us some cred.

Cheers

John

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101709-fiberglass-door-panels-wspeaker-holes/page-16

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

My name is Pete and Im the guy that produces the fiberglass and carbon fiber door cards for the 240/260/280 Z's. I understand that there is some interest in getting parts ordered.

So basically I offer to different types of panels, one is the factory panels that is a direct replacement. The second is a panel that has a 6.5 speaker provision located in the lower door, with this conversion an aftermarket power window regulator is required. I've used the "SPAL" Kit with great success  as its easily installed and proven to be quiet reliable. 

As far as cost goes, either set will cost you $250 in fiberglass, carbon fiber goes up from there and depending upon how many layers you want your looking at an additional 85 per layer, I wouldn't recommend any less than three layers.

Shipping is a huge variable as I have no idea what ti cost to shit to Australia, although to save on duties, tariff, import tax, or whatever its called there I would be willing save the end user money and alter my invoice to show minimal cost.

Ill post pictures in the near future to show my work and give you all a better idea of what the end product looks like.

If you have any questions please chime in

Pete

Welcome!

Thanks for the good news!

I think the first question would be when can you start? :P joke

But seriously, the details we would probably need are:

Are these doors going to be made with cutouts for door levers, mounting bolts and replacement upper mounting rail?

For those going the speaker in door route; can you make the speaker mount/cutout with provisions for other sized speakers, or are these left blank for the installer to work?

Can you provide a link to the electric window install?

Can you host images of your work to date?

What would be the shipping costs to major cities in Australia?

After all that, I'll take a fibreglass set with speaker mounts please!

Fly and all,

I started laying up a new batch of panels today, lol lol

No, typically the door cards are shipped as a blank, no holes are cut in the panels at all. Your factory door upper mounts to the new panel in the same way the fiberboard panel mounted. I think you'll find some aluminum rivets to be more than enough to complete this task.

Place the panel in the car and use a drop light or flash light on the inside of the door, this will allow light to shine through the panels which indicates where you need to drill holes for the new "Christmas tree fasteners"

The old fiberboard panel can be placed on top of the new panel as a guide for the door handle release but only with the factory panels.

Typically I cut the speaker holes in the "Speaker panels" although if the end user wants this left uncut that can be done as well. I also use tape to indicate where the door handle release needs cutting as you can not use the factory door panel as a template.

Link to the power window set up -

Link to SPAL website (the kit is the third one down; https://webstore.spalusa.com/en-us/productlist/12v+accessories/12v-accessories.aspx?page=2

Hi Rayven / Pete.

can you advise your Zip code etc, and ill look at some freight quotes to Australia, based on 1-2 pairs of cf/f-glass panels.

Would you be able to advise a 'shipping size' of the packed up panels, as they  would be considerably bigger, given then amount of cardboard req'd.

And one last thing, whats the nearest town/city to you so I can look at depot drop-offs instead of courier collect.

cheers

Nathan

• 4 weeks later...

Nato,

My zip code is 95032 (My city is Los Gatos) with the next major metropolitan area being San Jose

The shipping box measures 45x25x5 with the weight being 8 pounds

In addition, I have 4 sets of factory panels ready to go and 1 set of the "speaker" panels boxed and ready to ship as well

Pete

• 3 months later...