Selling My 240z $35,000 Spent Bargain at $16,900 - PICS ADDED

Sooley

Hi All

Well its been a 4 year labour of love and now I think the time has come to admit I don't have the time anymore to finish off my car. This car was going to be THE BEST ZED IN AUSTRALIA. I have already spent $35,000 and at this stage I think I still have about $30K to go to finish it to the level that I wanted it.

I have other priorities and goals now and am sad to have to sell it but when its time its time.

I thank everyone for their interest in the parts but I really want to sell the car complete if possible.

Here are the details for the complete car.

1972 240Z Body

I have spent a fortune on the body. It has been completly redone. It has had ALL rust repaired, new dog legs, door skins, roof, floor pans. It has the rear end rounded off so no rear bar. I have custom made factory style fibreglass front gaurds and rear hatch and a custom fibre glass front spoiler. The body was bead blasted to bear metal. The car has now been painted in Red Hot 2 pack and all parts have had many hours of alignment so they fit perfectly. It has a complete Bonds roll cage in it that has already been looked at by an engineer and will be fine for road rego (NSW). Roll cage alone cost $1700 and I have spent about $12,000 on the body alone. It has been fitted with a 260Z Brake booster and has brand new brake master cylinder and clucth slave cylinder.

Coilovers - Custom Bilstein Coilovers by Eastcoast Suspensions with 350p Fr springs & 225p R springs, 260Z 20mm shortened Strut bodies (bigger & stronger)

17" Simmons F90 Wheels Grey centre, Brand new Falken Azenis tyres. Wheels & tyres never used

The following parts were all bought from Stewart Wilkins Motorsport and have never been used

R200 3.9 Racing LSD Custom by Stewart Wilkins

Completely recoed R33 Front Brake Calipers with caliper brakets to fit 240Z/260Z with pads & braided Lines slotted rotors.

Rear Disc Brake conversion, slotted rotors, Mounting brackets, brand new calipers and can still use the standard hand brake. Brakes are bled

Adjustable Rear arms, Adjustable Front Arms, Adjustable Castor Rods

MX5 Powersteering Rack with custom tie rod ends to suit 240Z/260Z set up

Custom CV Shafts with 2 new CV Boots & Outer Drive Flanges. A must if you have plenty of power

I have some pics added but more to come

$16,900

feel free to contact me if you have any further questions

Anthony Soole

0419 044 472

post-127-144023476539_thumb.jpg

post-127-144023476546_thumb.jpg

post-127-144023476553_thumb.jpg

post-127-14402347656_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi All

Well its been a 4 year labour of love and now I think the time has come to admit I don't have the time anymore to finish off my car. This car ws going to be THE BEST ZED IN AUSTRALIA. I have already spent $40,000 and at this stage I think I am about $30K short of finishing it.

I have other priorities and goals now and am sad to have to sell it but its just time.

Anyway, enough of the sad story, PARTS, PARTS, PARTS!!!!!!!

I don't really know what I will sell seperately or together so I will just list what is up for sale and people can let me know what they think/want. There is a lot to list so if you require further information, just ask

1972 240Z Body

I have spent a fortune on the body. It has been completly redone. It has had ALL rust repaired, new dog legs, door skins, roof, floor pans. It has the rear end rounded off so no rear bar. I have custom made front fibreglass front gaurds and rear hatch. The body and parts have been painted in Red Hot red 2 pack and all parts have had many hours of alignment so the fit perfectly. It has a complete Bonds roll cage in it that has already been looked at by an engineer and will be fine for road rego. Roll cage alone cost $1700 and I have spent about $10,000 on the body. It has been fitted with a 260Z Brake booster and has brand new brake master cylinder. $8,000

Engine - RB30/RB25 Head. Completely rebuilt with forged CP pistons head bolts and recoed head and bottom end. Would produce around 500 - 600 HP with the right Turbo/ECU. $3500

RB engine mounts to suit RB conversion $250

Coilovers - Custom Bilstein Coilovers with springs, 260Z Strut bodies (bigger & stronger) $2200

The following parts were all bought from Stewart Wilkins Motorsport and have never been used

R200 3.9 Racing LSD Custom by Stewart Wilkins $1200 (cost $1800)

Rear Disc Brake conversion, slotted rotors, Monuting brackets, brand new calipers and can still use the standard hand brake. $600 (1100 new)

Adjustable Rear arms - $300 ($600 new)

Adjustable Front Arms - $200 ($280 new)

Adjustable Castor Rods - $100 (180 new)

MX5 Powersteering Rack - $300

CV Shafts with 2 new CV Boots & Outer Drive Flanges $900 (1500 new)

Completely recoed R33 Front Brake Calipers with caliper brakets to fit 240Z/260Z with pads & braided Lines slotted rotors $650. Direct Bolt on

17" Simmons F90 Wheels Grey centre, Brand new tyres. Wheels & tyres never used $2300

Front Bar - Good condition $350

This is just the start. Please let me know if you have any questions or need pics as I can arrange these also.

Anthony Soole

0419 044 472

Man this sucks on a number of levels. First of all your selling it and I was looking forward to seeing the end results, but at the same time everyone is giving out bargains I'm saving and going overseas and can't buy any of these goodies even though I have the money grrrrrrrrrrrr........how frustrating.

All the best selling the gear but why why now? :( First the RB30 Z in NSW now this.

sorry to see you're not going to enjoy the fruits of all your labour thus far. :( always sad when a project has to be torn apart.

It has a complete Bonds roll cage in it that has already been looked at by an engineer and will be fine for road rego.

might be worthwhile mentioning which state as laws might differ state to state.

got any pics of the front bar?

My god it like the death of a loved one i couldn't stand to see my baby ripped apart and sold off  :'( or tho the hatch has particular interest to me  mine is stuffed haven't repaired it and i neeeeeeed the glass..... $$$ at a guess $$$

i agree, i'd hate to sell out my car but u must have to do what u have to do,well i'm interested in knowing a bit more about a few of the items, i would just pm these questions to you but thought others might be interested also

where are the engine mounts from? or are they custom? i assume there's no matching gear box mounts?

are r33 brakes vented? what diameter are the rotors? 4 piston? those same questions for the rear brakes and which calipers are they using? are they all for 4 stud? sorry, i know i could just search for some of this info on the net...

regarding the shocks, which is the item i am most interested in, how much were the struts shortened, assuming they were? are the shocks adjustable? different adjustments for rebound and compression? do they have a retaining spring or are they using a varible rate spring? what spring rates are currenting in the set up? what diameter spring do they use? and i guess knowning how much this setup cost you would be interesting

Hi Mate

Happy to find out all of the info in regards to the brakes and the suspension.

Will let you know when I can find out the info myself.

I would rather confirm it as I am a bit rusty on the info.

What I do know is the front brakes are 4 spot with vented discs. Standard Nissan R33 front calipers and rotors as I had the holes re drilled to 4 stud and had all 4 discs slotted.

The rear are a Stewart Wilkins special. I believe they are new Falcon calipers. I used 4 stud for all the hubs, standard Datsun 240Z setup.

Coilovers, need to find out more info on those which I will try and do tomorrow.

Anthony

sorry to see you're not going to enjoy the fruits of all your labour thus far. :( always sad when a project has to be torn apart.

It has a complete Bonds roll cage in it that has already been looked at by an engineer and will be fine for road rego.

might be worthwhile mentioning which state as laws might differ state to state.

got any pics of the front bar?

Front bar pics

post-127-144023476124_thumb.jpg

post-127-144023476131_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sooley, sorry to hear the project is coming to an end for you. Unfortunately you are not alone when the car is off the road for so long and life changes.

I am real keen to buy the Power Steering if you are interested in selling that part on the vehicle. I know you would like to sell the car complete, but if you do end up selling bits please contact me and I will pay a good dollar for the power steering set up. It looks like you have done a nice job on that and I know it would go great in my car.

Good luck with it all. Cheers

Did you use full 260Z struts/brakes for your conversion or a mix/match of 240Z.

If suitable for 260Z, I would be interested in the CV shafts.

Thanks

Hey Sooley just wondering where you got those R33 caliper brackets from. Are they off the shelf or did you have them made up??

Also I'm guessing the rears are R33 as well, or are they different again??

What would you be wanting for the suspension as well the brakes and wheels complete and individually??

Cheers

Stef

Hey Sooley just wondering where you got those R33 caliper brackets from. Are they off the shelf or did you have them made up??

Also I'm guessing the rears are R33 as well, or are they different again??

What would you be wanting for the suspension as well the brakes and wheels complete and individually??

Cheers

Stef

I think I got the from Stewart Wilkins Motorsport. The rears are from Stewart Wilkins also. Entire rear brake kit.

At this stage I have a few people keen on the complete car, so I will be looking to sell it complete first if I can. If not, then I will split it up.

Sooley

Did you use full 260Z struts/brakes for your conversion or a mix/match of 240Z.

If suitable for 260Z, I would be interested in the CV shafts.

Thanks

No the strut bodies I used were all 260Z because they are bigger and there are a lot more options for shocks and they are stronger.

Sooley