sco_aus

'Haliday to Bright' 8-11th Feb.

I will see you guys up there for a hot weekend in more ways than one.

I think a few mobile numbers are around so we will catch up or if everyone leaves their 2-way radio's on channel 16 even in Bright then we might be able to find each other.

Safe trip up or down everyone.  :D

I should be there before sun down, I'll be leaving Canberra around 3pm.  I'll call up on the radio or by phone when I get in town.  Keep 2 seats free at the pub ;)

They already left (we are too hung over to leave just yet).  They didn't say where in Falls but I don't think it will be too hard to find them.

Had a good drive from Wodonga yesterday. It was a shame that we were 2/3 of the way up the mountain to Falls Creek when we saw all the other Zeds heading down. Obviously plans had changed!

We turned around (eventually) and were able to meet a few people at the Servo at Mt Beauty and at the accommodation in Bright. Terrible shame about the mechanical breakdowns that no doubt changed plans. Gave a lift to Scott to Wodonga to pick up the tow car he needed, had a good chat along the way.

Even though things didn't go as planned it was a good day.

I really think in the future it will be worth staying for the duration, we just weren't able to catch up with enough people during a day trip.

I hope everyone was able to get home safely (especially those with mechanical problems) and thanks to those we met.

Regards

Peter

Thanks Peter.  We got back to Canberra at around midnight and unloaded.  Left Canberra around 6.45 this morning and were back in Bright by lunch in the Polo.  It was a pain in the butt, but it didn't ruin my weekend totally lol.  I wonder who's sexy ass that is in the bottom photo...

Got the zed back to Ballarat on 5 cyls without a problem, didnt use a drop of water the entire trip. Slow trip, but was very glad I had the ear plugs.  Thanks Craig. Tough old cars.

A very big Thank-you goes out to lurch, without his help the car would still be stuck at the very top of falls creek. I owe you Locky.

Thats what is great about this club everyone helps out a fellow club member in need.

Got the cyl head striped of this afternoon and its the tiniest hole in cyl4.

Glad you got back ok Dale. 

Simon had a fuel problem near Yass, but had it sorted pretty quick.  They think it was a loose terminal on the pump.

Over all there were a few casualties on this trip and the heat may have had a bit to do with it.

Thanks for a good weekend anyway guys, I still managed to enjoy myself somewhat.

Thanks for the fun weekend all - just I pity I couldn't stay longer (damn work).

My Zed didn't miss a beat all the way home, despite only refitting the cyl. head last Monday...

The road from Falls Creek to Omeo Vally Hwy is nutz - it really needs to be put on everyone's bucket list ;)

Pity about the breakdowns, but at least everyone got home without too much trouble.

Scott you are a mad Bas|ard for driving back to the ACT - TWICE!

See you all at the Nationals :)

I wonder who's sexy ass that is in the bottom photo...

Well is sure as sh|t isn't Jac's bustle!

Scott you are a mad Bas|ard for driving back to the ACT - TWICE!

See you all at the Nationals :)Well is sure as sh|t isn't Jac's bustle!

Nah, it's only a 5 hour drive each way.  It's much nicer than Jac's!

Hi guys, thanks for a great weekend.  :D

Most of us arrived on Friday arvo. We settled by the river for a swim then later on to the brewery for a few drinks before tea. Then dinner at an Italian place (Table for 11) then back to the brewery drinking till Midnight.

Saturday morning we had an early one at 8.30 and drove to Falls Creek. Nice drive up with a few stops along the way. Dales car died. But Lurch got him going on 5 cylinders to get him back to bright. Scott who slept in rang to advise his oil pump died. so we picked him up on the way back. Long story short his car was trailered back to Bright. More swimming in the River that arvo before a big BBQ at the accommodation. Great night.

Sunday we drove up to Mt Buffalo. Best drive of the trip for me. Back to Bright around 2ish. Then went to a local water hole for some fun jumping off the rocks into the water. Another BBQ at accom. Grat food and company.

Monday another quick sprint up Buffalo and then home.

Was over 30deg every day and everyone made it home safely.

Tassie next year guys.  ;D

post-260-144023709302_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023709306_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023709309_thumb.jpg

Yep was a great weekend!!

Thanks to all who came, and it allways nice to catch with the guys from other states.

I think i may have pushed the old girl a little to far over the weekend.

She was not running to smoothly when i got back to Melbourne....

oh well now I have an excuse to get her improved and tested for the next event, and then theres Tassie next year!

Johnboy

What a hoot !

To all the guys that seem to be taking a gazillion years to get your cars driveable, hurry up!

Lifes too short....

post-632-144023709329_thumb.jpg

post-632-144023709331_thumb.jpg

post-632-144023709332_thumb.jpg

post-632-144023709334_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Here are some pics I took over the weekend.  A great weekend, even if some of use had a few dramas.  Thankfully mine turned out to be a foul connection to my fuel pump...but my first thoughts were worse considering everyone elses experiences. 

post-810-144023709346_thumb.jpg

post-810-144023709353_thumb.jpg

post-810-144023709357_thumb.jpg

post-810-144023709363_thumb.jpg