sco_aus

'Haliday to Bright' 8-11th Feb.

Sorry Chris. Yeah I know you are from Canberra, you threw me when mentioning you had been talking to the Sydney boys. My mistake.

Were you and the rest of the ACT clan prepared to travel to Bright? (Apart from Scott) I am just trying to guage numbers. I presume the NSW boys won't want to travel that far?

Craig, all good.....had a good chat with Martin (wildy) at the carshow and he said he was 100 % in for Thredbo, but Im sure I can twist his arm for Bright.

Silly question but how far time-wise is Bright from Albury-Wodonga ?

Im keen but I'll guage response from the other Canberrans when we catch up for x-mas drinks. Besides someone needs to pick up Scott when he breaks down....  ;)

Silly question but how far time-wise is Bright from Albury-Wodonga ?

About an hour & 40mins mate.

yep 40 mins but its not a very fun drive, its preaty bleak unless you go out to the hume weire first, i live in albury and i might head out for a drive for the day  if you want to catch up chris and cruze up there together let me know.

cheers pauly

Haha smart ass.  Probably a good point though.  Yeah at our speeds its not a big drive from Albury.  If you want to make it more entertaining we can drive to Mt Beauty and then go to Bright, very good roads out that way, but it adds to an already decent length drive ( which I think should go over the Snowy Mountains Highway past Tumut to make it a bit more entertaining).

Are they picking on you Scott. Ha Ha

Yeah the roads might be a bit boring but only an hour or two of that. We have the same on the hume to Threadbo. But if you stay focussed on the other two drive days driving then you will be right. For me I would want to get the long haul out the way as quick as possible down the Hume. But that's up to you guys. I will be wrapt if we all agree on Bright and make this happen. I would like to keep the tradition of us doing a big trip once a year going. Besides our Zeds need a big weekend out.  :D

Cheers Craig

:P going from mt beauty to bright is an awsome drive i do it once in a blue moon, im keen for bright as the surrounding roads are very good also on the plus side my turbo loves sucking in small forrest animals

:P going from mt beauty to bright is an awsome drive i do it once in a blue moon, im keen for bright as the surrounding roads are very good also on the plus side my turbo loves sucking in small forrest animals

Hey Pauly, have you got the bigger turbo on yet?

Regards Peter

Scott/Craig

Count me in for the . I will be keen to get away from the house reno/demo for a few days.

Dale

A man of many words our Dale. Good to have you on board.

Hope to see you at the Xmas party.

Cheers Craig

Negative bunch arent we  ;D

Lurch says 1 hr 40min , Pauly says 40 mins.....+ its apparently a boring drive,  be still my beating heart  :P

Think I'll stay home clean the rabbit hutch and clip my toenails !

Welcome back Dalee  :)

Yeah but when we are there you will drive some of the best roads you will ever drive, but you can miss out if you want ;)

the drive from Melbourne or Sydney or Canberra to Wangaratta is 110 highway.  Everything after than is fantastic.

There is nothing stopping you northerners from coming down via either the Monaro Hwy or the Bonang Hwy.  Farkin' long trips, but you wont be bored for 1 second of the trip!  You'll probably want to sleep for a few days when you get there to recover, but then you'd miss out on the Great Alpine Road (they call it GREAT for a reason!)  Well technically you wouldn't miss it as you got to Bright via it, but you would miss doing it the mexicans.

Hi gents,

Well we seemed to have a bit of interest from a number of people at the Vic BBQ last weekend.

It would seem we need to lock down some dates. I think Scott floated Feb 8-11,2013. That would be from Friday to Monday with two days over the weekend driving in the hills. There didn't seem to be much objection to those dates.

Can we lock them in and if so can we amend the Subject to include the dates?

We will have to get onto booking some accommodation soon.

Attendees:-

Scott & Wife

Lurch (90%)

Craig & Jodie

Bruce & Son

Dale

Wes & Maggie

Johnboy

Dave Chambers  (80%)

Pauly (will you be joining us up there?)

Possibly a few others from the BBQ. Let us know on here.

Cheers Craig  ;)

Dates:  I proposed 8-11th Feb and really need to stick with them, I won't get leave for any other weekends that month.

I'll call dad's friends and see what price they can do for us now.

So below is the link to Viewhill Holiday Units in Bright:

http://www.brightholiday.net/index.html

Karen and David have offered prices ranging from $105 for a double bed in a single room, up to $140 for a double room with two double beds.  So the more sharing done, the cheaper it gets.  They all have undercover parking (carports) and are walking distance to town centre.

You will need to book your own rooms and they require a $100 deposit.  Quote my name (Scott Welsh) when you book.

Can someone please update the heading with the actual dates of this event now?  8-11th Feb.

Can you also please indicate you are in or out of this event and or if you have booked your accommodation. We need to really book our accommodation before Xmas. I know everyone is holding off waiting for everyone else. But for this to go ahead we need to jump in. Ha

So show of hands first then book in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers  Craig  ;)