'Haliday to Bright' 8-11th Feb.

sco_aus

Hey guys,

It's that time again!

So below is the link to Viewhill Holiday Units in Bright:

http://www.brightholiday.net/index.html

Karen and David have offered prices ranging from $105 for a double bed in a single room, up to $140 for a double room with two double beds.  So the more sharing done, the cheaper it gets.  They all have undercover parking (carports) and are walking distance to town centre.

You will need to book your own rooms and they require a $100 deposit.  Quote my name (Scott Welsh) when you book.

Cheers,

Scott.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees:-

Scott & Ryan - Booked

Lurch - Booked

Craig & Jodie

Dale

Wes & Maggie

Johnboy

Dave Chambers  (80%)

Pauly (will you be joining us up there?)

Chris

Simon

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is from the last one, it should give you an idea of what happens.  The Canberra crew all drive up via Khancoban (awesome drive).  Then we do whatever in Thredbo and come home.  I didn't really sell that, but take a look, it is always a good weekend.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7558.0.html

Hi Scott , Craig is away this weekend camping around Bright. We have talked about it. Said he was going to sound everyone out at the Xmas BBQ to see if there was any interest . I'm sure he will jump on board as he loves this drive weekend to Tredbo. Stay tuned.

Hi Scott,

I hadn't had a lot of expressions of interest for the Thredbo event this year. Hence I hadn't started to promote it. I was going to ask around at the Xmas Party in a few weeks time to see if any Vic people were interested.

Apart from that I would be pretty keen to run this event at a new location being Bright in Feb 2013 if people were interested. I know it's further for you Canberra guys to come. But I think after 3 times at Thredbo maybe we wanted a change. I would intend it to remain a 4 day long weekend with two full days for driving around on some great roads. There is a run up Mt Buffallo and also up Mt Hotham and or Falls Creek. I did all these roads in the Landcruiser Bus but would be much nicer in a Zed.

Let me know what you Canberrian's think. Is it to far? I will float the idea with the Vic guys at the BBQ and we can chat from there. In the mean time if people are interested then please advise us on the forum here.

Cheers Craig.

Great minds think alike mate.  Lurch and I had the exact same conversation 2 days ago and Bright seems like a good spot from the times I have been there.  The Canberra crew could go up the Snowy Mountains Highway and down the back roads to Wodonga then via Mounty Beauty which is a great drive too.  The Hotham road is an awesome drive too so we would be spoilt for driving options.

Also, my old man used to live there (owned accomodation), so ill see if there is any accomodation we can get for cheap :).  He also might be coming with me this time.

Yeah there were heaps of motor bikes going up and down Hotham last weekend. Awesome drive and I doubt many would be on the road for our weekend.

I saw some great accommodation on the River in the heart of Bright I will check that out as well then.

Last weekend I did the drive from Omeo across Hotham to Bright (and then on to Holbrook).  The drive across Hotham was great.  I hadn't done that road before and I rate it better than the great Ocean Road - and a lot less traffic.

MaygZ

Right, so dad rang his friends David and Karen at:  http://www.brightholiday.net/units.html who have kindly offered us discounts and possibly exclusive use if we have enough interest.  I haven't got a price yet, but have a look at the link and let me know on this thread if you are interested in staying there, I reckon it will be good prices and location and I don't know these people so I am not biased.  It is a short walk into town and HAS COVERED PARKING FOR ALL...  That's important for my rain leaking zed anyway lol.

If anyone thinks they may have a better deal, please post it up and of course we don't all have to stay in the same place.

what happened to "Thredbo" ??

remember.., Alpine hotel, the beloved Bistro, Scootas pool comp , the massive Auszcar darts comp, the nasty pokies, the awesome Ales on tap...tradition  :)

also just talking to the sydney boys today at the car show, that theyd be very keen for a thredbo trip, being its driveable in a day. Bright just seems to far for us to go. my 5 cents.

It takes 7 hours (maybe more)for the Melbourne guys to get to Thredbo, so its not that driveable and we have all seen it plenty of times and since we go out of our way to drive, try some different roads (trust me they are better around Bright).  Lets try something different for once.

I think it would only add 2 hours or so to the Syndey guys trip, since they have the Hume to get to Albury. 

The way I see it is, we do these trips to drive and catch up also, we can do all of that in Bright too and it's a change of scenery and some kick arse roads.

I hear what you are saying about tradition Chris. But all you Sydney people didn't come to the last trip 2 years ago? And again this year we had no idea if anyone from Sydney would be interested in coming along on this trip. I didn't see any reply's with nuumbers etc. I love you guys and wish we got to catch up more often but like Scott says us regulars need a bit of a change after 3 trips there. Remember the Melbourne guys have always done the long haul. So maybe you guys in NSW come along for something different. The roads near Bright are awesome. Then I am sure we will return to Thredbo 2 years later.

Having said that Tassie in the alternate year will always be on.

So come one come all.  :D

Scott that place looks not bad for the guys on a budget. So come back to us when you get a price. I could only find one place I liked at $350- a night which was way over the top. I prefer 4 star but I can't seem to find to much of that stuff in Bright. Having said that there are some very nice Cabins in Harrietville 15mins from Bright at the local Caravan Park. Plenty of Parking and on or near the river. But I am guessing most people would prefer to be in the heart of Bright since it is central and lots of eating & drinking options. So let's stick with your place.

Oh we might want to look at locking down a date. So peoples lets see your preferences. 4 days 3 nights over a weekend any configeration.

Cheers Craig