webmanic

Which rims should I use?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which rims should I use?

• 260z rims & caps
    • 280zx iron cross & caps
    • Other

Hi guys,

I have a stock 1970 240Z with the original steel rims and hupcaps with the D in the centre. However I want put mag wheels on this car but still want to keep it in the Datsun/Nissan family. Therefore I was thinking of of the original rims used on the zed series? If there are any?

I currently have under the house a set of the 260z rims with caps and a set of the iron cross rims (from a zx?) with z caps. Which would be more suitable or other there others I should be considering?

PDF Attached

Webmanic

1019_.pdf

watanabes, they were a factory option in japan and look amazing even when not in bling form

DSC04525.jpg

personally i dislike 260z rims on a 240z, and dislike 280zx iron cross rims, however i dont mind the swastika's or snowflake rims, or the 6 spoke ones

i voted for the 260 rims seeing you have them but the 15x7 Superlites made by Performance wheels are a cost effective and popular local wheel that is period correct as far as looks go. you can get em new for about 220ish a wheel. very similar to the Wats shown above.

sulio

Hi,

Another way to go...since I am obviously old school. Has anyone thought of putting a chrome finish on a set of satandard steel rims. This way I can have half decent looking wheels and still put the hubcaps on it when the occassion calls for it. Any thoughts?

The words chrome and wheels should never be used when refering to Zeds :D

The superlites look is still an old school sort of look, but no offense to the guys with them,  they are just too common imo.  They look good though. 

Something totally different maybe, sorry I cant think of anything right now, so im not much use to you here :P

• 1 month later...

The words chrome and wheels should never be used when refering to Zeds :D

The superlites look is still an old school sort of look, but no offense to the guys with them,  they are just too common imo.  They look good though. 

Something totally different maybe, sorry I cant think of anything right now, so im not much use to you here :P

i dont know black watanabes with a chrome lip ;D

I personally either like deep dish rims with an old school look or modern look. I'm not a fan of stock wheels. The pictures below are for my brothers Datsun 510 Project but it seems to be moving along so slowly that I might take them from him?? Not too sure though. They are Sportmax 02's Gunmetal. 15x8 with 0 offset (Centercap not pictured)

The measuring tape says 15x9 but maybe there is a different method for determining the width.  ???

post-657-14402347688_thumb.jpg

post-657-144023476887_thumb.jpg

post-657-144023476895_thumb.jpg

post-657-144023476902_thumb.jpg

The Z store sells them but I wouldn't buy them there. Rip off

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/WWC18/25-1162

Also, I think they have the wrong information on the Z store. If you want that exact wheel with the double lip, you can ONLY get that in the 15x8 Low ET. My brother wanted the in the 15x7 with the 0 offset but right before we ordered them, we found out that the 15x7 in Sportmax 02 looks COMPLETELY different. 15x7 is NOT available in the 0 offset therefore making it look nothing like that wheel you see in the picture.

If I remember correctly, I bought them for just under $400. I'll confirm the price though.

ps... these wheels are VERY popular with the Scion XB. All the Scion owners seem to purchase this particular wheel.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f24/1055-sport-max-racing-15x8-0-offset-7/

The Z store sells them but I wouldn't buy them there. Rip off

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/WWC18/25-1162

Also, I think they have the wrong information on the Z store. If you want that exact wheel with the double lip, you can ONLY get that in the 15x8 Low ET. My brother wanted that in the 15x7 with the 0 offset but right before we ordered them, we found out that the 15x7 in Sportmax 02 looks COMPLETELY different. 15x7 is NOT available in the 0 offset therefore making it look nothing like that wheel you see in the picture.

If I remember correctly, I bought them for just under $400. I'll confirm the price though.

ps... these wheels are VERY popular with the Scion XB. All the Scion owners seem to purchase this particular wheel.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f24/1055-sport-max-racing-15x8-0-offset-7/