80 replies to this topic

#21 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Will try to get there, depends on what has been booked in for me at the moment.

Won't be in a Zed, probably the Hairdresser car, or something Nissan with a hairdryer if I get some good news later this week.

#22 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Fish&chips it is then.On Sunday DECEMBER 2
I will set out a cruize of about 90 minutes on the north side of Brisbane. The start will be at the Caltex servo on Gympie road
(map 109 h 14 UBD) CARSELDINE. Meeting time to be around 9.00am for a 9.15 depart. The finish will be at Bongaree(SAVIGES) Fish&chips on First Avenue at Bribie Island (map 53  C 20 UBD)  It is a side walk shop with seating and they feel that will be able to look after us as I said there may be 20. Plenty to have a look at as well with antique shops, bakery if you don't like seafood or burgers and enough ice cream outlets to sink a (battleship) , beach, jetty and a pub. We can stop for photos along the way.But we will need to be there by 11.30 am if we wish to park all together and that was recommended by SAVIGES SEAFOOD where we will be eating. Numbers do not mater but if you intend on coming along please let us know.
You don't need a Z to be part of this .
We could turn this into a fuel economy run if there was an interest?
Can we collect a donation for the forum?

Your the man to get things happening Aub. I will be there with bells on and the cheese and kisses beside me. ;D ;D ;D

#23 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'll be coming along in the Z as it's getting re-rego'ed Friday! Looking forward to seeing everyone again as it's been a long time.

#24 jc260

jc260

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hi guys,

Sounds like a great day like it was last year. Unfortunately not only is the zed still in pieces, but I'll be out of the country until Christmas. Hope the day goes well, hopefully I can get the car on the road for next year.

Jason.

#25 peterrx5

peterrx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Tagline:Very old member

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thinking of coming along, but still undecided.

Maybe, maybe not!

Cheers
Peter

#26 zanzee01

zanzee01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'll be there as long as mine is on the road, should only be a week or two now at most.  ;D

#27 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Dont matter mate, just come along for the ride in what wheels that rotate. Peter will be in his Mazda. It is just a thing for Z people to get together and get ideas  for your car. And of course dribble over the Z's that will be there. All are welcome. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

#28 orange-Z

orange-Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Count me in - if I am not away for work.  Wife may even come along also.

Alan

#29 peterrx5

peterrx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Count me in, also I won't be drinking the hard stuff so if anyone is looking for a lift I have 3 spare seats, though the rears are rather small.

Cheers
Peter

#30 BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm a maybe at this stage, won't know until closer to the day. Might drag the wife along and make a day of it...

#31 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Got my Z re-registered today FINALLY. Running better than ever, I'm in!

#32 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

For those who want to know where we will be going on the cruze it will include part of the same course we used on one of the forum run's some years ago. We will start on Gympie rd turning left into Linkfield rd and turn right onto Eatons Crossing rd. Follow to Samford rd and turn right and on to Dayboro. At Dayboro turn into William st and then left into Mt Mee rd. Follow to D'aguilar and turn right onto the D'aguilar HWY (85). Follow signs to M1 BUT DO NOT GO ONTO THE M1 and follow signs to Bribie Island turnoff. Follow to Bribie Island bridge and cross to the first round about and back to the bridge to turn off  onto Welsby Parade (waterfront)and down to First Ave opposite the jetty.Total distance is 119klm and will take 2 hours if we stop for a photo break.

Possible change of venue to the Blue Anchorage restaurant. This place is under cover and serves more than just seafood. Every thing from fish and chips , burgers to Lobster if you want it . But we need to book. So I have made a tentative booking for 20 and will pay the deposit of $50 by Wednesday if we want it.This place even if it is raining with its view will be better than your best day at work ever. Although knocking back a few setting under the mast on the Sea Witch running in a new motor by going up to the Story Bridge then back to the Bay and then over to the Port Authority does come close as a good day at work for me. If we take this up I will change the booking to AUSZCAR party

#33 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

That's the fish and chip shop I was referring to Aub.BLUE ANCORAGE RESERANT Very casual, plenty of parking, informal side walk cafe, restaurant with great views and plenty of grassed area to relax with the views of the passage and the jetty to fish off, a beach if you want to swim, not to mention great food, service and menu. Not sure why we would have to book though as there is plenty of space in front of the car park if no places are available on their premises. Just throw a couple of fold up seats in the boot in case and eat with your digits. Put me down for two at least.  8) 8) 8)
Are we still starting from the BP Castledine on Gympie Road. ;D

#34 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for planning the drive be-zed. Link to google maps if anyone wants it: X-MAS DRIVE MAP

#35 zanzee01

zanzee01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yep, I'm a definite, and I'll + 1 as well  ;D

#36 stevofoxono

stevofoxono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Tagline:My quarter life crisis car Z

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Got the 240 registered today so definitely in! Not long now fellas

#37 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Got the 240 registered today so definitely in! Not long now fellas

good on you mate, will be great to check your 240 out.  8)

#38 peterrx5

peterrx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Looks like I am a definite as well, plus my wife, Roslyn.

See you on the 2nd December at the meetup location.

Cheers
Peter

#39 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

We are booked in under AUSZCAR party from 12.00 noon on the 2 December at Blue Anchorage Restaurant. As I don't know what numbers there will be I picked 20.  You pay as you order.There are minor road works at Mt Mee but nothing that would worry a lowered Z. I would recommend everyone coming on the cruze check your brakes as there are some step down hill moments.Keep an eye out for the boy's in blue if you don't want a photo of your car sent to you in six weeks time and for the boys on 2 wheels.
Put some yellow koni's in the 260 and checked to make sure the exhaust can not not fall off this year. 
See everyone next Sunday. 

#40 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

It would seem that Vic boys may collect some cash at their BBQ for the Movember team so as I am committed to Shave mine off I will bring the necessary equipment to do so on Sunday. Save a couple of gold coins to donate to the cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users