2012 Targa High Country

danrace260

Hi guys it that time of year again Targa High Country time this year theres 7 zed running so hopefully theres a few of them in the top 10 so if a few Vic guys wanna cruise up cheer on the zed guys there plenty of spectating with town stage on Friday arvo in mansfield and satday leg head up north and on sunday it heads across to eildon ill be up there servicing for the old man again so should be fun weekend

cheers Daniel Devenish

Here's to wishing your Dad (& yourself) all the best Daniel, hopefully he can beat the Porkas and win Classic outright. I'll be competing with the able asistance of Bluerat510 (Adrian) as my co-driver. Even though it is our our first rally together we'll be having a fair crack so hopefully we won't be to far behind. As they say, to finish first you have to first finish, so here's hoping so for all the Zeds... Look forward to catching up with you both up there.

Cheers, Graham.

Could be interesting to keep tabs on Rob Devenish, and Jon Siddens.

These should be the two front runners, with a couple others not far back, in Early Classic class

Shame the Porker boys just open up the never ending cheque books, in the my corck is bigger than your cork race.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a great event. Hodgo and myself had an absolute ball despite a mechanical problem half way thru day 1 until the end. We ended 16th outright from 52 cars in classic and 10th on handicap from 20 in early classic. All the 7 Zeds acquitted themselves very well with Siddins/Ferguson winning handicap and 2nd outright. Apart from our mechanical issue the car was sensational. We were very pleased with our result given the issue. A vey very big thankyou to Hodgo who was awesome in giving directions, calling like a pro. Also a very big thankyou to the Devenish's for helping us trying to fix the still unknown driveline vibration problem we had. We'll be pulling it apart next week to fix it so I can do the Geeelong Sprint.

The stages were just awesome and I would strongly suggest in Melb/Vic based guys to go for a cruise over them as you will be highly impressed. There was everything from a sprint thru the streets of Mansfield, flat out over 200klm/hr sections to tight twisty stuff beside cliffs with 300 ft over the edge drops with no safety guard rails, fast lowing flip flops and the mighty hill climb to the top of Mt Buller. Who needs a Targa Tassie tour with these roads on our door step!

An hour highlights package will be shown tomorrow (Sat 17th) on 7Mate at 1pm.