Photo

with a roar heard clear across the atlantic.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Tagline:Z-shop of miami, datsun dynamics...nissan master

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

HowlerMonkey dips his toe among the weak florida east coast breakers and quickly runs back up the beach for his wetsuit.

After a long swim, he crawls ashore amongst the awesomely powerful australian breakers and quietly takes a seat......but not before showing his ride.

Infiniti M30 #1

L28et with built 3n71b and 3.54 R200, nistune....etc.

Posted Image

Infiniti M30 #2 is soon to arrive at "casa de cojones" where it will either receive a LD28 or a turbo conversion on the factory VG30 lump........or maybe a VH45de V8.

Former car is a 1984 nissan maxima with turbo and R200 swap.

Posted Image

Possibly a 1975 280z will be joining the two M30s.

I hope to acquire parts only available in australia as well as provide parts that are only available in USDM......but I don't regularly sell stuff.........just hoarding at the moment but it never hurts to ask.

#2 Linton

Linton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Tagline:1976 260z 2+2 Sunburst 1989 300zx Z32TT 2+2 Black

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

welcome, a yank with a sense of humor, I like it, ;D I dont know much about your cars but they sound great I just had a chuckle that I have had to get parts from the states  to complete my z are you are there and trying to get stuff from Oz, welcome mate.

#3 HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I may need australian market parts in the future and will help with the parts we have here if it is of benefit to the forum members here.

After getting nistune, I'm kind of happy with what your country is doing for the classic nissan brand.

I've been getting away from Z cars for a while but still carrying on the L engine love by putting them into any rear wheel drive nissan I can find.

They are now getting old enough that you can find things you couldn't find 5 years ago so it might be time to revisit the S30 and S130.

#4 nizm0zed

nizm0zed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Tagline:260z coupe in slow build, Now with RB25DE powah!!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

hmmm, whats that i hear?
Sounds like the beginning of the mass exodus from hybridz?
The first rumblings of the American invasion...

lol, welcome.

#5 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Welcome...
Infiniti #2 looks like a Oz market Bluebird from the front doors back.. But with a real US looking front. Should go well with some forced induction.

#6 EvilZ

EvilZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

HAHAH tell me about it - few hybridz member posting here in the last few months!

Howler - welcome!

#7 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

welcome to the forum, theres nothing like having a grandpa sleeper there great, what sort of parts you looking at getting as im looking at getting a L28 turbo ecu wiring and loom from the states but no one is willing to post them.

#8 HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

I would bypass the 280zx turbo wiring loom (1981 is different than 1982 and 1983) and the turbo injection harness will not simply connect to the non-turbo car harness.

Best to make up your own and I believe some Nissan pickup/patrol/maxima (vg30e) harnessing is pin compatible with each other and relatively common.

This gets you a better engine management system and I believe you can use the M30 ecu with those harnesses as long as you make sure each injector has it's own leads from ecu to injector (M30 is sequential fire while the others mentioned are batch).

They can be grafted into a car as easily as the 280zx stuff or 300zx stuff and will run off the 280zx turbo distributor if you swap over the slotted disc from a vg30e car.

Had two M30s for a bit but had no place to put the grey one so it got sold to a guy who trucked it to California.

Sad to see one with sweet body and perfect interior get away.
Posted Image

Was able to run it on the space shuttle landing runway and it did 138 in the standing mile.........taller tires than zed with 3.54.

Last time I took it to the strip, it managed 14.6 with stock l28et boost.

Posted Image

Ran about half as fast as the other cars we brought.

Posted Image

I only got it on the runway because I was using it to bring supplies and setting up the tag/heuer timing equipment.

Shuttle astronaut's sport ride in background in front of the now gone "de-mating" rig which mates and de-mates the shuttle from the back of the 747 for transport.

Posted Image

Pic of R200 swapped into the grey 1984 maxima from the first post.........factory with L24e but I simply bolted on turbo intake/injectors/j-pipe/exhaust manifold and made a custom downpipe because all the stock Nissan T3 downpipes ran into the steering shaft.

I used stock S12 (200sx turbo US model with IRS and CA18ET) diff. mount and S130 cv type axle shafts which bolted straight onto the flanges.

Posted Image

#9 HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

More stuff acquired...........this one has 255s on front and back with no rubbing.

The secret is 15 dollar chevy truck steelies in 15x8.......but I did take 8mm off inside lip on one fender to clear them.........not sure why I didn't need it on the other but this is a body on frame type car.

Posted Image

VR-4 was acquired completely taken apart in boxes.........removed the twin 16gs and fitted the stock stuff back on......except for the wheels..........sold it.

Hated working on it.

Posted Image

In a new house that has an enclosed garage so expect action now that I have a proper facility to work on stuff.

Next up for the M30 is Z31 stub axles and front hubs so I can fit the 1988 SS edition 300zx wheels (pictured below on a z31) to the M30 and the larger Z32 front brakes.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users